Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

FLA vs. CA

Pages: 1 8 replies

P

Well, we won't win or nuthin'. They got Hawai'i right over there next to 'em.(About the same 'time journey' as a drive to Macon for cryin' out loud.)

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6063&forum=4&8

Seeing some of the east coast FLA carvers and other artists is a must!

Boy, Pyrat XO is great as a foundation of the Pineapple Paradise from Beachbum Berry's latest. Totally lifts it.

(edit: Intoxica, the book by BB, has a recipe called Pineapple Paradise and I replaced the Demerara Rum with Pyrat XO since it was all I had. It worked great.)

Bruddah Iz - what a talent.

Why yes, the Lagoon Lounge was open tonight... why do you ask?

[ Edited by: pablus on 2003-11-02 07:58 ]

pablu I don't understand a word of this sentence. Sorry.

"Boy, Pyrat XO is great as a foundation of the Pineapple Paradise from Beachbum Berry's latest. Totally lifts it. "

Mahalo
Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-11-02 05:35 ]

R
Rain posted on Sun, Nov 2, 2003 9:30 AM

you know you're a tiki geek when you CAN decipher that.
a brand of rum is a great base for a drink from a drink recipe book. :wink:

K
Klas posted on Sun, Nov 2, 2003 1:55 PM

On 2003-11-01 23:04, pablus wrote:

Boy, Pyrat XO is great as a foundation of the Pineapple Paradise from Beachbum Berry's latest. Totally lifts it.

(edit: Intoxica, the book by BB, has a recipe called Pineapple Paradise and I replaced the Demerara Rum with Pyrat XO since it was all I had. It worked great.)

Pineapple Paradise is one of my favourites although I do use Eldorado Demerara rum (and of course Havana Club Blanco instead of Puerto Rican rum :wink: ), I have to replace the peach brandy with peach liqueur (Peach Tree) as the former isn't available here. Also using ice cubes instead of crushed ice for IMO the best result.

Finally I'm starting to understand.
Now what the hell is Pyrat XO?

Tsk, Tsk...

It's some really old rum, not nice fresh rum like we drink...
"Ah yes, but no more 1966. Lets splurge! Bring us some fresh wine! The freshest you've got - this year! No more of this old stuff. " - Steve Martin, "The Jerk"

Alright what the hell does Tsk, Tsk mean?

Try "Pirat Ale" sometime. Very strong!

Pages: 1 8 replies