Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

tiki cookie jar

Pages: 1 14 replies

please excuse me if this one's been discussed before.

but a friend recently said i had to go to marshall's (a dept store here in nj which is kinda like tj maxx, don't know if marshall's exists outside nj) to see a tiki cookie jar for sale. ended up buying it.

anybody else ever seen one of these?

it's manufactured by clay art of south san francisco. anybody know about this company (do they have other tiki stuff)?

here are 2 scans of the box

I have that cookie jar -- I bought it at one of the local flea markets.

--cindy

Tiki Chris,
They were selling this on the Ocean City boardwalk this summer in a shop called Old Salt, which has a small section devoted to Tiki items. Where in New Jersey are you?

it's manufactured by clay art of south san francisco. anybody know about this company (do they have other tiki stuff)?

Hey Tiki Chris,

I have a tiki salt & pepper shaker set that by these Clay Art dudes. I got 'em on sale at Spencer's Gifts. I'll post a scan of the box later...

-Slacks

T

They also made a green Ku Pitcher. I got it this summer @ Spencers also. I figure that will be good for the temporary storage of Mai Tais They had a few mugs also.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-11-04 12:22 ]

On 2003-11-04 12:17, tiki.head wrote:
Where in New Jersey are you?

i'm in west long branch (near red bank, asbury park), monmouth county.

btw, do you know about this thursday night:
here's a link:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5875&forum=4&14

E

Tiki Chris ~ Thanks soooooo much for the heads up on the Tiki Cookie Jar! We have Marshall's in Washington State and I went to our local one and there it was! I had seen it on eBay a few months back and always wanted it--so thanks again for the tip (they only had ONE in the store).

Now does anyone make any shortbread tiki cookies that I can put inside it? Or remember Yum Yums? Those would be good too... :)

TC

On 2003-11-04 20:00, Exoticat wrote:
Tiki Chris ~ Thanks soooooo much for the heads up on the Tiki Cookie Jar!

No worries! The funny thing is that there was only one at the Marshall's here too. I even walked right by it the first time through the shop.

By the way, I'm thinking macaroons would go well in the jar (right now mine's housing my swizzle stick collection).

Glad to help,
Tiki Chris

TR

You know you could make one monster mai-tai in that...

On 2003-11-05 18:48, Tiki Rider Five-O wrote:
You know you could make one monster mai-tai in that...

Mai-Tai cookies, Mmmmmmmm....

E

I love coconut macaroons (especially if one is dipped in milk chocolate!) ... haven't had one in a long time (thanks for creating a craving!).

Here's something else to try if you're into instant cookie gratification. I love both the white macadamia nut cookies and the peanut butter cup cookies:

(From the General Mills web)

Adults love cookies just as much as kids. And, now, there are convenient, fresh-from-the-oven cookies with truly adult flavors. Pillsbury, the leading brand of refrigerated cookies, has introduced Big Deluxe Classics™ Cookies, a new line of larger-size, premium, ready-to-bake refrigerated cookies in rich flavor combinations designed for grown-ups.

“Adults are avid cookie fans,” says Jennifer Jorgensen, associate marketing manager for the General Mills' refrigerated cookie business. She reports that adults eat two thirds of all cookies consumed in the U.S. “The new Big Deluxe Classics™ line is the first refrigerated dough product to provide the kind of generous-sized, indulgent cookies that adults like.”

The Pillsbury® Big Deluxe Classics™ line features cookies that bake to 3 to 3½ inches in diameter and are more than 50 percent larger than current ready-to-bake cookies.

They're made with intensely satisfying, quality ingredients and are available in four indulgent flavors. Premium Blend Chocolate Chip combines two kinds of classic, mouth-watering chocolate - semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips. White Chunk Macadamia Nut is packed full of rich, white chunks and lightly roasted macadamia nuts. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip blends a dense peanut butter cookie with semi-sweet chocolate chips. And Oatmeal Raisin marries sweet California raisins and rolled oats with a hint of cinnamon.

The cookies come in convenient resealable packages, so you can bake all of them at once or savor them one warm, tender cookie at a time. They're easy to prepare, too. Simply place the pre-formed cookie dough rounds on a cookie sheet and bake 12 to 16 minutes. Each 18-oz. package contains 12 cookies. They cost approximately $2.99 per package.

On 2003-11-06 20:17, Exoticat wrote:
The cookies come in convenient resealable packages, so you can bake all of them at once or savor them one warm, tender cookie at a time.

But -- can you bake them in an Easy-Bake Oven?

I have this pitcher and it's a hit with my tiki bar.

Unga's tiki bar:
http://www.audioautographs.com/bar.htm

I've been to several of the Marshall's around town- no luck :(

But, at HOMEGOODS (the ever suprising resource) I found SHAG SOAP (Mai Tai & Martini) Will wonders never cease?

-Z

Pages: 1 14 replies