Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco furniture

Pages: 1 14 replies

I got this on eBay a few weeks ago, it has finally arrived. Big, big pieces of furniture, I don't know if I can even get the headboard up the stairs and into the bedroom. First up, one of the two mirrors.

Then, one of the two night stands:

And finally, one of the night tables:

I haven't unwrapped the headboard yet, I want to have a small family ceremony when we do it.

Tiki.Head

[ Edited by: tiki.head on 2003-11-04 12:27 ]

[ Edited by: tiki.head on 2003-11-04 12:28 ]

[ Edited by: tiki.head on 2003-11-04 12:30 ]

T

Was this the set Swanky was selling? It looked awesome. I know i couldn't have talked the wife into that though.

It came from someone named Kiyomi in Raleigh, NC, but who has the eBay name of [email protected], so maybe Swanky is expanding across state lines via an alias.

Turbogod,
Thanks, I didn't exactly talk the wife into it, I had some splainin to do when we actually won it, I told her it never should have gone for so cheap ($475 or so), so all is sort of forgiven. It is amazing stuff, I don't really have a room big enough to house all of it, especially the headboard, which is six feet high and seven feet across and features some fake fur. I will post a shot of it after it is unwrapped.

If anyone is interested I know a dealer here who has (or had as of a few weeks ago) a complete dining room set in the Witco conquistador style. It's not tiki, but it would still be a completely over-the-top, all the relatives want to know if you've gone insane, sort of thing to have in your dining room.

hey kailuageoff, i am intersested in the dining room set let me know who it is and i will give them a call. thanks, neptune tiki..

L
laney posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2003 3:09 PM

I'm glad someone finally got that set. Not really my style (wouldn't fit my red cheesy whore house bedroom vision) But a great price for a Witco set. Congrats!

I am looking to buy some new/old livingroom furniture and need to have it shipped long distance. What freight company did you use? How much did it cost to ship? Did you pay to have it packed? How heavy was that stuff?I've been doing research but am still lost, any help would be great! HELP

My Witco bar & stools were brought over from New York by Vintage Transport, and was blanket-wrapped, instead of being crated. The delivery time quoted was 4 weeks (although it was a time when the East Coast was hit by major snow), and even when there was a delay, they still delivered in just over 2 weeks time. They even had someone hit their huge truck (not their fault, but did damage their headlights by a wrong way driver and delayed their travel time by 2 days), and they even called me to inform me of their delay. They had great customer service and would use them again if needed.

When they delivered, they also carried in the Witco bar (which is not a light bar), and positioned it where I needed it. I was surprised since I was expecting the usual "curb-side" delivery, where most companies literally just drop your item at the curb and won't bring it inside the house.

Blanket-wrapping items is always less, of course, in comparison to being crated, but for the ultimate protection, crating would be the way to go.

K

Wow! Nice score. Looks like it is in great shape too. Here is a red velvet bar I found on ebay. It had a $299.00 buy it now and the reserve was not met so some one might be able to still get it. Too bad it is in PA. I did not post it earlier because I thought someone on TC was holding out to bid on it. I did not want to piss anyone off.

Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3269&item=3250443310

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2003-11-05 10:44 ]

oooooooo....red vellllllllvet.

L
laney posted on Wed, Nov 5, 2003 11:36 AM

Thanks SCD, I'll get a quote.

Keigs, I was watching that set too. Now that would go well with my bedroom but a bar in the bedroom? That may be too much. It didn't sound like the seller was at all open to shipping. Someone on the East Coast should get this beauty!

Neptune tiki,
Sorry, but I posted too late on the dining room set. I drove over there on my lunch hour to make sure thay still had it and it was gone. The buyer paid $700 for it.
KG

laney wrote:
....(wouldn't fit my red cheesy whore house bedroom vision)...

laney wrote:
...Now that would go well with my bedroom but a bar in the bedroom? That may be too much...

Yeah, wouldn't want to OVERDO a red cheesy whorehouse bedroom....

(just messin' with ya!)

K
Kanaka posted on Wed, Nov 5, 2003 1:54 PM

We use Vintage Transport too. Very good company for large items.

Scotty

Laney,
If you put a mirror behind the bar it would make a nice vanity. That doesn't solve the shipping problem, however.
KG

Pages: 1 14 replies