Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Going to LA week of Nov 17... what to do?

Pages: 1 15 replies

I'll be in LA for a few days the week of November 17 and plan to visit the Tiki-Ti one evening. Anything else going on around that time I should try and check out? I'm speaking at a symposium that Monday, but Sunday eve and Tuesday might be fair game.

How should I prioritize the bounty of LA tiki?

TM~
Are you here only on November 17, 18 and 19?

Tiki-Ti's is only open Wednesday through Saturday 6pm to 1am (last call at 12:30am), and they will be closed November 23rd all the way through December 16th for vacation, so the window of opportunity to enjoy this fine establishment is getting smaller by the day.

T

*On 2003-11-05 10:18, TheMuggler wrote:*How should I prioritize the bounty of LA tiki?

In order of importance (considering distance and hours open)

1. Tiki Ti
  2. Bahooka (somewhat of a drive depending on traffic)
  3. Oceanic Arts (also a bit of a drive - only open weekdays but don't go during lunch as the crew takes a break)
  4. Trader Vic's (opens at 5PM)
  5. Damon's (don't know hours)
  6. Tonga Hut
  7. Lava Lounge

The following are in Hoiti Toiti Land so are a bit of a drive:
Sam's
Royal Hawaiian
Disneyland (Enchanted Tiki Room)

T

muggler,

TC'res are always welcome to stop by my hut for a drink and check out my collection. But the Jab is right, I'm about 40 minutes (sans traffic) from LA.

Nov. 22- La Luz

S

Hey, I just might be around that week!

Cocktails at Sam's in HT land?

Muggler,
Drop me an email with your contact info. I'd be happy to meet up with you at one of our many tiki spots.

[email protected]

The Popster is back! OA is the place, and if you fly into LAX stop by the Purple Orchid.

Aloha! Feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] when you get here. I'm always up for a good 'ol Tiki Central Tiki-Type Tippling Time on The Town. We'll be sure to Get a Good Gang to Greet you from our Greater Los Angeles Group of Great Guys and Gals. Looking forward to meeting you (and yes, I'll leave the alliteration at home).

-Weird Unc

Thanks for the tips!

It looks like I'll be there from the 16 - 20 of November. Once I get the conference schedule figured out I'll email you guys.

Thanks again!

H

Hey, I'd love to meet up with you, too! Feel free to drop me an email, or if something organized begins to gel, count me in.

hey muggler,
send me a personal message about your tiki ti plans, think i can pull away from `Ona Tiki for a drinki.
to get some bearings, oceanic arts is about 30-45 minutes from tiki, bahooka is about half way in between, and Damons steak house is about 15 minutes east. hope to meet up with you, and some other tcers.

D

Sounds like somethin's up at the Tiki Ti on Nov. 20th.... http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5883&forum=1&start=90&93

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-11-06 22:28 ]

O

hey muggler,
i forgot to mention grand star. this bar is in korea town, about 15 minutes from tiki ti. there is a live band, usually pianist, drummer, and bassist, that play jazz standards for you to sing karaoke. they have a full list of tropical drinks, all of which are on the bitey side, but the suffering bastard is served with a gherkin in it. definitely worth checking out for the bar and drinks. you can look it up in the phone book when you get here, i have never driven there personaly and have usually been drunk before we arrive there. plus, hop lueys is around the corner, a great bar to check out for the interior and the juke.

Definitley I'ld say lets have a TC round up either at The Purple Orchid or at Sam's Seafood. You would want to go to Sam's to see it and say you've done that, but for a night of debauchery The Purple Orchid is much more welcoming. The owner at Sam's always gets very impatient when it gets late and he wants you out, whereas the owners of The Purple Orchid are fellow TCers who love to get a drinky drink as much as any of the rest of us. Either way let me know the time and place and I'll definitley stop by for a drink.

It's beautiful here in Santa Monica. It looks like my schedule booked up pretty fast with all sorts of non-tiki business, but I'm still trying to keep Wednesday evening free for the Tiki Ti. I wish I could make the Thursday Koochie event, but I fly out that evening so I won't have enough time

:(

But I can't wait to taste a Ray's Mistake!

Pages: 1 15 replies