Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

shaking my losing streak?

Pages: 1 9 replies

A month ago a friend of mine who works for this group called Califronia Peace Action (they're kind of do gooders that go around trying to, uh, do good I guess) told me that they were trying to raise money and they were having a raffle. A travel agency donated a trip to them as a grand prize, but there were also other smaller prizes. I bought a ticket for $100 not expecting to win anything, just trying to help out. Today my buddy called me to inform me that I won the main prize, a trip for two to Italy. He also informed me that if I wished the agency would be willing to change the destination to somewhere else of equal or lesser value. Being the pessimist that I am I firmly believ that nothing good happens unless something really bad is about to happen, so now I sit eher waiting for the inevitable dark cloud.

Hate to be the bearer of black clouds, but do you have to pay taxes on that prize?

Signed,
The Voice of Experience

But congratulations on winning something, anything!

TC

congrats! where in italy? or where else are ya thinking about going?

I have no idea, I'm suppossed to be getting something in the mail about it. I have a year to decide though so I got plenty of time. Also if I hold off until next year I can hold off on paying taxes on it for awhile too. Thanks for the dark Cloud Jade, well it wasn't to dark, I thought maybe the airplane would be hijacked by fundamental Hari Krishnas or something

TC

On 2003-11-05 17:35, suicide_sam wrote:
I have a year to decide though so I got plenty of time.

well, if it's for venice, i highly recommend going during carnivale.

B

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2005-01-15 08:37 ]

TR

Badmojo, terrible luck but do you still have your rum and Tikis?
p.s. have You thought of changing your user name?
Aloha and hang in there. :drink:

F

TWO WORDS:

French Polynesia

Damn I thought that was a set up for a joke you know like:

On 2003-11-05 18:19, badmojo wrote:
in the last week my wife left me, took my car

Man I miss that car!!!

You know what is the solution and cause to all of lives problems right? ALCOHOL!!! Go throw back a few, then throw back a few more.

Hey, SS.
You got the Al Bundy syndrome.

Pages: 1 9 replies