Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Goodbye, Golden Gate Bridge! Hello, Burnside Bridge!

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

Well, it looks like Humuhumu and we are slightly swapping positions.

Tikimama and I are moving to Portland.

After leaving SoCal behind (No, even though I wished Socal to be hit with Thermonuclear weaponry, I had no role in the firestorms!), We're now leaving the Bay Area.

We'll miss SF and our beloved Petaluma greatly, but the life is short and the world is big. Besides, Portland is far too cool a town for us not to live there; I feel it calling to me.

I'm really looking forward to meet The Axtons, mutual friends such as HumuHumu and Frenchy are telling us we'll be like long-lost friends to the Axtons. I can't wait to check out Castoway Cove (and to engage in some friendly keeping up with the Axton's!) :D

We're moving the first week of January, so who out there wants to throw a going away party?

I'm sure there are those who'll want to see us off! (in one sense or another)

H

I think that between Seattle, Portland & Vancouver, there may be enough tikiphiles to out Hoiti Toiti the Hoiti Toitis. And that's with only a modicum of local tiki to be had! When's the first megaevent?

All my NW friends -- take good care of TikiMama & melintur. They're good people, and their cats meow funny.

Welcome to the neighborhood! We are pleased to welcome you into the PDX Tiki fold. You'll be here just in time for early discussions of NW Tiki Crawl II - we will be planning it before long. We'll also have to get together for some welcome-wagon happy hours at our various bars. Email me at my old email address ([email protected]) and let me know your plans - I'd be pleased to help with your transition!

[ Edited by: tikimaxton on 2003-11-08 21:34 ]

T

I volunteer to take your going-away picture, Craig....

T
thejab posted on Fri, Nov 7, 2003 6:45 PM

Mark - If you're sick of SPAM (I get hundreds per day too) don't put your new address on the web like you just did in this thread. The SPAM bots will find it and you'll get SPAMed again. If I were you I would edit the email address out of your message and send a personal message instead.

If you come back down here to So.Cali,(your most fave place) before you go Far North, we can throw you a grand ol' "Beach Burn!" It's been to long since the last Burn.

Jab - Duh. What an airhead I can be. Thanks for the advice. I did it, replacing the address with my old email address, which I'm maintaining as a "spam magnet". Melintur, drop me a line when you can and we'll hook up!

Next time I'm in socal visiting family, we can do just that.

Do tell about this beach burn, it sounds keen. (as long as I'm not the burnee)

On 2003-11-07 20:22, RevBambooBen wrote:
If you come back down here to So.Cali,(your most fave place) before you go Far North, we can throw you a grand ol' "Beach Burn!" It's been to long since the last Burn.

I'll do that right away!

On 2003-11-08 21:36, TikiMaxton wrote:
Jab - Duh. What an airhead I can be. Thanks for the advice. I did it, replacing the address with my old email address, which I'm maintaining as a "spam magnet". Melintur, drop me a line when you can and we'll hook up!

Pages: 1 8 replies