Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Astroglides!

Pages: 1 16 replies

The best Tel Aviv-based surf instrumental band, ever!

Thank you, Ran! I just received the CD & I've been playing it @ work all day. Luckily the boss's out today & I can close the door to my department... I keep playing "Tropically Disturbed" for my employees, much to their confusion.

I noticed you have a prophetically named address to have moved into just before the fires...

I was alone @ work on Saturday & played the CD all day. I'm getting to love the idea of Israeli Kiddie TV show theme music surf covers... This a great album from a talented band.

Their record company's website's here, or you can contact Ran (Kick_the_Reverb).

Thanks for the kind words Freddie...
I had 250 copies of the cd sent here with my other stuff, but alas, the ship havn't even left Israel due to strikes.
Eventually when they get here, I'll be able to sell them here with much lower shipping costs than getting them sent directly from Israel.
It'll be something like $12 including shipping in the continental US.

Mahalo

Ran

Are you taking names for when they arrive? I'll be wanting one.

I would like to buy one also.

I wasn't...but I will now!
Purple Jade and Jungle Trader - you're on the list.

Mahalo

Ran

B

Please put me on the list too.

Thanks

Will do, Thanks.

Ran

I like!
Played it in my truck then a week later put in the cd player for my wife to hear and she asked what it was, I just said "you won't like it", (she never does), to my surprise she liked it too, which then led to a conversation about the Astroglides possibly playing at our party in June. Give me some details on that Ran, PM or e-mail. Thanks!

A mans good name is worth more than silver or gold.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2004-01-02 09:15 ]

J

I definitely want one - put me on the list!

Oh yeah, we headed over to Minnie's for a nightcap New Years' eve around 10:30. We're upstairs at a table, there's 10 of us. It's just a few tables, a dance floor and a bar with about 7 lounging barflies. The bartender can see that we're havin' a good time so he says,"If you folks have somethin' you wanna hear, just let me know" I feel this is a very nice gesture, so I sashay up to the bar and pull out The Astroglides cd from my pocket. My friend says, "Hey, I can't believe you gotta cd in your pocket"..."If you have a boiled egg I'll give you 50 dollars." HAHA! So anyway I give the cd to the bartender and the first song comes on and plays about 30 seconds and he turns it off. I walk back up to the bar and says,"Hey what the hell? Is Minnie's not tiki? Is that not a surfboard I see hangin' on the wall over there?" The bartender says, "yup Minnie's is tiki" I says "okay then put it back in!" Meanwhile one of the lady barflies says "Hey give the guy a chansh, givem a braek will ya'" So he puts it back in and plays 2 tracks then takes it out again. What the F%$^K? So I just went over and took it back. Some guys just don't get it. They want to hear the sameoldfamiliarshit...livin'inthepast crap. But at least I had the lady barfly on my side.
Here's to you Ran!! For kickasssurfguitar music! :drink: :drink:

A man's good name is worth more than silver or gold.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2004-01-08 19:29 ]

Hey Jungletrader!
Thanks a lot for the compliments. Yeah, don't ever expect a DJ/bartender to really put on something YOU brought them. It never really works. Plus you're right, most people would normally rather listen to what they've heard a million times before.
Thanks again for standing up to me and trying to spread the word!
Ran

EEK I almost missed this post! I been waiting for this CD ever since the name the song contest:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5391&forum=6

Awesome tunes and kool names. You boys done good.
Ran, watch for my e-kablam and put me on that list please.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-01-14 08:46 ]

C

I Just got my copy of the disk and sooooo
diggin' it. BIG sound throughout. The horns and other instruments really make it sound atmospheric. Nice work on production and guitar Ran. Best of luck to you and the Astroglides.
Chongolio

I've been carving to this CD all week. Yeah baby! Oh and it is going to europe with me. Picture this a...... a mexican so-cal tiki carver with his russian/persian wife carving south-seas tikis playing exotica/surf fusion music from a band based in Israel while in Germany!!!! Sheesh my head is spinning. Oh and who could forget our trusty sidekick. American/irish ,derranged ukulele playing internation playboy, King Kukulele. And on that highjack note... this band kicks a$$!

O

Where have we been..... Why haven't we heard about this? Please put us on the list Ran.
Let us know when the ship comes in!
:drink:

Hey Chongolio and Chikitiki, havn't seen your replies, thanks a lot for the compliments.
I got some more copiess in case anyone's still interested.
E-mail me for details.

Pages: 1 16 replies