Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Plastic tiki mugs at Big Lots!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Hi,we just bought these really cool plastic tiki mugs from Big Lots(formerly Pic-n-Sav,yes we shop there!)They are all different colors.We bought brown & turquoise.They're in a moai style,no handle,and a lid with a crazy straw coming out the top.The plastic is thick.So buy yours now,only 99 cents!Good for you tiki carvers too if you don't like sawdust in your drinks!
By the way,how do you post pictures on here.We converted a couple of 'em to lotion bottles and they came out cool.Wanted to show you guys....Aloha,Anne

Hi Anne and CC, it's funny that you mention Big Lots. I was making my way over to Bamboo Ben's shop yesterday. So I had just gotten off the 405, and my brain was fried. I'm in my hoopty work truck (no A/C and a sound system equivalent to a Phonograph) and I'm at a stoplight starring at this crazy sign. BIG LOTS! I'm mouthing out the words to myself wondering how it reads and what in the heck it is. OK enough of that I hope y'all are doing fine and CC hasn't gouged any more of his body parts. BTW I love your daughters room. Hope to see you guys soon. I am gonna get one of those cups, you nailed the sawdust thang right on the head. Now if only BIG LOTS! had a boy in the bubble suit I'll be able to be 100% DUST FREE.

Hey chikitiki!
Better move fast on those.We went back to get some more and there was only 1 left!
CC's been pretty lucky lately.He only hurts himself once or twice a day now!He's accident prone.I'm surprised he has all his fingers still!Aloha to you and your lovely wife!~Anne

P.S.-Thanks for the compliment of our daughter's room!~Anne

I picked up the last 2 plastic mugs at my local Big Lots.... I'll just have to live with the fact that they're hot pink and purple! Still cool though..... love the crazy straw touch!

:tiki:

I had a similar experience of "almost too late"...after reading the posts, I rushed over to my local Big Lots (a whopping 3 blocks away) and immediately began looking for the plastic tiki mugs. I finally found ONE, it was a chocolate brown one hidden behind some cheesy Mountain Dew plasticware. I snatched it quickly, paid my $1.07 (with tax) and went home, washed it out, and enjoyed (as David Letterman would say) "a lovely adult beverage" from it. It was a good day. Just wish I'd gotten there sooner so I could have purchased more. Moral of the tale: It pays to read the Tiki Central posts in a timely manner!

Aloha to all.

Hey,I'm glad you guys are getting them!You made me laugh about your trek!Thanks,that felt good!Aloha,Anne

L
laney posted on Tue, Jul 30, 2002 3:53 PM

I went to my local Big Lots and they looked at me all crazy when I asked for these, after looking around. I figured they were those tumblers from Oriental Trading Company and wasn't too motivated but figured I try the other Big Lots just West of me in Fullerton. I, too, found one lone brown tiki behind the Mountain Dew crap! My 7 year old son said "that's mine!" I really loved them so asked if they would call other stores for me. The guy was on hold at the 3rd store so long, I just decided to go there. In 100 degree heat in a black convertable the treck was on! The next store was a score! We bought all 22 they had in blue, brown (my fav) purple and pink! Perfect for by the pool! We have enough to give one to everyone at our tailgate at Jimmy Buffet, that's right, Jimmy Buffet, my friend Tod's famous BBQ jerk chicken and shark, my blow-up cheesey ice chest, and tiki heads filled with my famous Amaretto Cadi Margaritas! Don't you purists just hate me now! I may bring some extras so if anyone is going to Irvine Thurs. or Sat. and aren't afraid to admit it, come find me for a tiki and a smile!
Thanks for the tip! They were worth the effort! Laney

Hey Laney,
Another vote for Jimmy Buffet! I didn't realize it was something to come out of the tiki closet with to admit you like his music!Can't we all just get along? :wink:
Your party sounds fun and those mugs will be a hit! Aloha,Anne

T

I got the last two at my local (RWC) Big Lots (yup, behind the Mountain Dew mugs). Bummed that I only found two, but then went to Party America for some balloons and found the same mugs for $1.29 and a similar style for only 69 cents each (no lid or crazy straw though). Tasty adult beverages coming up!

L
laney posted on Fri, Aug 2, 2002 11:21 AM
Z

I found all four colors in stock up in Colorado. Man that pink one is bright!

T

Hey check out the Krazy Straws you can get to go with 'em

http://www.krazystraws.com/EriksWebPages/sub_index_catalog/catalog31.htm

Chris "hardly working"

:sheckymug:

Got 'em! Thanks!

KahunaMilu

D

happy happy!! i found a slew of BigLots Tiki cups with crazy straws in Salinas, CA ~ 5 colors! yay. i dont feel deprived anymore!

Pages: 1 14 replies