Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Ebay seller hiding identity

Pages: 1 5 replies

I came across these and thought it was funny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3251596930&category=29460

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3251601490&category=29460

Someone is selling their Shag Mondo Tiki Mugs and has chosen to keep their identity hidden. Probably one of our members who doesn't want to hear all the flak about selling the mugs. If it is one of our members all I got to say is that in my eye there is nothing wrong with selling them. I know allot of people around here are may get very indignant, but hey those are yours and you can sell them, give em away, or break them, or do whatever you want with them. I don't blame ya for hiding your ID. I only bought the yellow one and personally didn't buy it with the intent of reselling it. My most valueable Shag mug posession is the entire second series set and also I would not sell it. But wether you bought with the intent of reselling or have found yourself in need of cash and realized the value of your Shag Mondo Tiki mugs, whatever, they are your property to do with what you will. I don't blame ya for hiding your ID and understand if you are one of our members and just didn't want to hear a bunch of junk over it.

Now I'll open the floor to people complaining about how capitalist are ruinnig it for the real collectors, the ones who truly aprecciate the artist. Even though most of the people who scream the loudest about this are the people who have been into Shag for the least amount of time. Most of the old timers are pretty much over Shag.

Hey Bong I hope I'm not stealing your thunder by being the asshole and pissing people off, I know that's generally your department.

T

It's the bidder that is hidden, not the seller though, right?

I myself want to get another username for buying cause I have a klingon that follows me around and bids on all the things I want as soon as they see me bid on it. Very annoying.

You are right TikiFish. It is the buyer, not the seller, who is hidden from being seen in the "public" eye.

Here goes opening another big can o' worms, but as far as your klingon following you, I personally use a bidding program (yeah, yeah SNIPING PROGRAM!...there, I said it), to bid for me. Way back when ebay first started (and I had an actual retail store front), I had an employee that did nothing but buy and sell for me, and did bids at the last possible moment for me. Now, I just use the bidding program.

I am actually surprised that some of the high rollers (and you know the names of them), don't use a bidding program since I would bet that they would spend waaaaaaaay less on their mugs and tiki-related items if they didn't immediately expose themselves as to what they are bidding on.

Anyway, I am afraid this may change the whole topic on this thread, but again, it is the bidders identity that is hidden on the above links.

(Oh, just a real wild guess, but is the seller possibly "Wacko" in Los Angeles? In seeing the past history of what was sold, there seems to be lots of the Don Ho/Shag posters being sold by them and from what I was told, she was involved in assisting with that show....again, just a wild guess.)

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-11-10 09:31 ]

On 2003-11-09 23:29, suicide_sam wrote:

Hey Bong I hope I'm not stealing your thunder by being the asshole and pissing people off, I know that's generally your department.

No worries braddah Sam. I see no problem with people stating what's on their mind. What would you rather have, someone that smiles to your face and then stabs you in the back, or someone who tells it like they see it?

Well, capitolist pig or not, your truly is about to sell his Blue Roratongan Mai Kai decanter and his last Shag Hukilau '03 mug, along with a few other goodies to finance some more authentic Paupua New Guinea pieces for the grand hall descending into into the Paradise Room. and I'M 'TELLIN THE WORLD, BABY! :|

On 2003-11-10 11:05, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Well, capitolist pig or not, your truly is about to sell his Blue Roratongan Mai Kai decanter and his last Shag Hukilau '03 mug

On 2003-07-08 21:56, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I got one...It's a very nice looking decanter; due to the memories we have of Hukilau I wouldn't part with it for the world. I can't understand why anyone else would...

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4569&forum=5

Doh!

:wink:

I'm just busting your balls, BK!

I think it's perfectly legit to sell whatever items you wish, for whatever reason.

I have a complete set of first run Shag tiki mugs I've been thinking about selling to fund other purchases. What does the first set go for these days?

Pages: 1 5 replies