Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Tiki-esque bar in London - Munktiki!

Pages: 1 7 replies

A new bar has opened up in West London, UK called "Trailer Happiness". http://www.trailerhappiness.com/bar/

While it's not strictly a Tiki bar, Tiki Centralites will appreciate the kitch decor.
There's also a menu of Tiki drinks served in volcano bowls and other glasses. I've yet to visit, but as it's owned by the people who run the Match bars, the quality should be extremely high. You can buy Munktiki shot glasses there (monster shots), but at £10 a pop, they are kind of expensive. Saying that, they will keep your shot glass(es) behind the bar for you, giving you £1 off each shot you have in the future.

I'll be able to give a full report with photos in a couple of weeks when I get a chance to check it out properly.

Trader Woody

On 2003-11-11 02:39, Trader Woody wrote:
West London

where?

170 Portobello Road, West London.

I walked along there a couple of weeks ago & didn't see it, but then again, I wasn't actually looking for it at the time. Intoxica records, the world's only record shop which looks like a Tiki hut, was my destination.

There's a little map on their website, by the way.

Trader Woody

D

Trader Woody where have you been? You have been missed! Glad to see you posting :)

A

Yeah, I was wondering myself. good to see you post Woody.
Mahalo,
Al

it may be awhile before the good trader has an opportunity to respond...

& since he's responded for me in the past when i was 'away from my desk'...

trader woody's in the midst of a major move from southern to northern england.

his posts & euro-insight are missed.

but don't worry i think he'll be back to tc in full pretty soon.

Aw shucks folks, I'm missing all my pals on TC too. As the other TC has pointed out, things are a little hectic at the moment, with my pc & tiki stuff all packed away. Hopefully normal service will be resumed before the years end!

Cheers,
Trader Woody

A
angus posted on Thu, Jun 3, 2004 2:44 PM

Dear All,
Trailer Happiness is located at 177 Portobello Road, in the basement, directly on the corner with Elgin Crescent... if you do manage to find us ask for angus and quote Tiki Central and we will give you staff/TC discount of 25% (until you abuse it so badly or fall off your stool...)
Yes we are not totally tiki, more tiki drinks but they are hugely impressive with the Zombie having 7 ingredients including falernum and 23yr old Ron Zacapa... mmm.
cheers
aw

Pages: 1 7 replies