Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New here. Looking for Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 3 replies

I just found this message board. Am looking for some signature Trader Vic's drinkware: (headhunter mug, scorpion bowl, fog cutter mug, & Big Shot glass (used to serve Gun Club Punch). I have checked ebay & Tiki Farm. Are there other auction/seller websites I should checkout? Do members of this Forum have any items for sale? I am not an experienced collector - will just be relying on what I can get online. Thanks for your time!

M

*On 2003-11-12 11:57, ronrocks56 wrote:
Am looking for some signature Trader Vic's drinkware: (headhunter mug, scorpion bowl, fog cutter mug, & Big Shot glass (used to serve Gun Club Punch). I have checked ebay & Tiki Farm. Are there other auction/seller websites I should checkout? I am not an experienced collector - will just be relying on what I can get online. Do members of this Forum have any items for sale? *

Strictly vintage items, or contemporary as well? Tiki Farm does put out some nice stuff. Members here are known to trade, or sell for that matter. There are a few websites, check http://www.Konakai.com for a big listing of places.

eBay? That can tricky. Some good stuff can be found, just a demand issue, prices can soar. Watch out for that "cpt.midnite" seller, nothing but bad news from what I hear.

Good luck, anything more specific be sure to ask. There are plenty of resources here, and some members have extensive collecting experience.

RonRocks,

Dont pay any heed to midnite. That ebay seller ID midnite listed has tons of vintage mugs for sale on ebay. Not sure where they all come from but there seems to be a constant supply. Midnite also works extra hard to put good photos and finely crafted descriptions to go with those auctions.

Check it out

Hey, Ronrocks56!! Glad to know of another Houston tikiphile - YAY! Our numbers have now grown to a whopping 4!!! Look out, SoCal Hoity Toitys; we could overtake you like THAT!!

Drop me an email, RR56 - love to see your collection and introduce you to the rest of our small-but-merry gang!

Pages: 1 3 replies