Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Saucer House Pics

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Some of you had asked me in previous posts to show pics of our new condo! It is called the Saucer House because of the curved windows - kind of like looking over Toronto from the inside of a flying saucer. Here you go! Of course, you will see no evidence of tikis here (besides the 'Percussive Pineapples' LP framed on the wall) because I am planning a tiki entranceway. All tiki mugs and epehemera are still packed away in boxes from the move. Hopefully this weekend work on the tiki entranceway will get underway - I will post Trading Spaces style before, during and after pics.

T

What a swingin' pad! Nice bay view - does the glass door lead to a deck? How much is a place like that? I understand if you'd rather not say.

T

Yep, that's lake Ontario in the background, and the door leads to the balcony. It is a 1 bedroom, with wee closet sized den, (where I sit right now) and I don't mind saying it cost 240,000 dollars. Yes, I am butt-ass broke now! (Hence my conspicuous absence at Hukilau and Exotica Chicago. This was the reason).

WOW, nice pad Tikifish. Great view. It could be romantic everynight eh?

gorgeous!

A

Very cool, modernist dream.
Mahalo,
Al

You definitely have the tiki foundry!

Very Swank! Nice place Tikifish. When's the housewarming party?

The name's Bond,...James Bond.

soooooooooooooo
SWANKY!

thechikitiki wrote:
The name's Bond,...James Bond.

I thought it was more like "Blonde...Jane Blonde". Or is it brunette right now?

Very, very cool pad TikiFish.

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-11-14 22:34 ]

Very cool place. I'm afraid of heights...(that's why I'm glad I'm only 5'9")

Very nice! I have a friend that framed a lot of Enoch Light for his walls - strangely - looks a lot like your place. I would love all of that light.

E

Sweeeet! You Hogtowners know how ta live! Kidney-shaped glass coffee table with tripod (teak perhaps?) base, oh yeah, that's the s**t all right. And your pedestal furniture - it's all perfect. I love it. We will trade you Ollie for it.

Just kidding!

aloha,
em.

T

The chairs (and I am pretty sure the stools) are Canadian - they were made by a company in Montreal or Quebec that imitated the Saarinen Tulip style of chairs and table. I only know this because that's where they keep turning up. You see these mostly in Canada. I like them just as well as the real thing, and they're cheaper (though still not cheap, and still hard to find). I don't know the name of the company though - The bottom was stamped KD but it ain't 'Knoll Designs'.
Picked up the 2 chairs and table for 200 bucks, and the stools were a wedding gift from my very cool mom.

T

Oh, and the chell chair was 5 bucks at the Goodwill a couple years ago. hee hee!

I do believe the day of the 5 dollar shell chair are over though.

Pages: 1 15 replies