Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New Pics of the Custom Built Tiki Carving Hut

Pages: 1 5 replies

Here are a few pics of the new carving studio/Hut I am just finishing up here in my backyard in Jacksonville FL. Spent the last two weekends working on this thing between carving a few tikis. Mutlipurpose use. Carving hut one day, clean it out and use it for a tiki bar the next........Built totally out of pressure treated lumber except for the siding. Rather simple design I designed myself (no plans). I just winged it.....Turned out pretty rad I must say. Had the girlfriend on the roof with me hammering shingles in. She was a big help as usual.............Anyway it's 10'x10'. Getting ready to add a 10'x10' deck out front with another rafter roof supported by two 7' tikis. Aslo am installing light/electricity/stereo/small t.v./water and an Air Conditioner window unit. Anywayz, I just wanted to share.

T.F.

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2003-11-14 07:54 ]

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2004-01-09 12:36 ]

S

Very Nice. What are you gonna side it with? I love seeing peoples back yard projects. Keep posting as you progress!

Thanks Seamus. I'm think about ripping some bamboo poles in half and siding it with those............

T.F

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Nov 14, 2003 1:20 PM

sweeeet TF,
some glass floats will look nice hangin' on your new studio. I'm jealous! I would love to have a studio. gotta wait till I buy my house.

Niiiice. Love the Jap joisting; that's cool!

Cool. Glass floats, got any? I'd hang them dudes.......Thanks Gecko. I bought my house two years ago and have not stopped yet making it the way I want it. It's pretty laid back around here........ Hope you get yours soon:)

B.K.....It's been fun. Put up four fluorescents in the ceiling/walls this weekend and some shelving. Running electricity this coming weekend and installing a couple windows. Custom orders for tikis coming from everywhere. Not sure I can keep up........Can only do what I can do I guess. Gotta get this thing finished first so I can do some major dust slinging in there.

T.F.

Pages: 1 5 replies