Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Looking for Gene Rains

Pages: 1 14 replies

M

I/ve done search after search, can't seem to find any Gene Rains stuff on CD at all. Anyone outhere have any MP3's they want to share of Rains or hi quality cassette?

[ Edited by: mriddle on 2003-11-17 16:58 ]

[ Edited by: mriddle on 2003-11-17 16:58 ]

Just found the site in search of the very thing you're looking for - doesn't look too good but I'll just join you here waiting for the day.

S

I have "Rains in the Tropics" recorded. PM me.

On 2004-04-15 21:57, Swanky wrote:
I have "Rains in the Tropics" recorded. PM me.

Swankster's audio, always comes through.

TD

FYI Ebay

GENE RAINS The Call Of The Tropics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4008884315

And no, it's not mine.

I'm looking for Claude Reins.

It's almost like he's invisible?!

I just discovered Gene Rains, WOW!

I LOVE dat guys work. Really great stuff!
I found a record on E-bay for $99.00
I almost bought it. Problem is, I'd have to drive all the way around the island, to Puna, to my friend's house, who has a turn table, to listen to it!

Think I'll PM swanky.......

Posting Gene Rains' Rains in the Tropics and Lotus Land to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.bizzaro-exotica

D

My absolute favorite is "Rains in the Tropics". That album is on heavy rotation at the DigiTiki household. "Far Across the Sea" is a very close second! Its a shame ther is still very little known about the guy.

So, I'm totally clueless about getting music off news groups. I'm still interested in getting Gene Rains on CD. I can trade an art print.

T

Hey Tiki Shark Art.I have 3 Gene Rains albums....Lotus Land(1961),Rains In The Tropics(1961),and The Call of the Tropics(1959 or 1960).I have 2 extra copies of The Call of the Tropics on LP in Mint Condition.I also have all 3 albums ripped and cleaned in mp3 format at 320kbs with cover scans.If you want to trade for an art print let me know.I also have an amazing record collection that includes exotica,surf,hawaiian,latin,easy listening,calypso & space age pop.Lots ripped,cleaned and cover scans.

Thanks so much Tiki-Tim for the kind offer. However, I received a PM from someone before you and I accepted a trade with them. I may later hit you up though, when I finally break down and purchase a I-pod. Thanks again, and Aloha!

S

I have been searching in vain for LOTUS LAND and RAINS IN THE TROPICS LPs ...I'd be into doing a trade for these or buy outright either on LP or CDR . PLEASE get in touch if you can help me out .

[ Edited by: sushiman 2007-10-15 04:50 ]

Hi Guys, I found some Gene Rains here.

http://www.blognow.com.au/XtabaysWorld/70710/

Mrs Hoptiki

[ Edited by: Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki 2007-10-15 15:21 ]

A

you can download an mp3 of Lotus Land from here http://www.basichipdigitalgold.com for $1.25 (paypal)plus many other exotica classics. Aloha!

Pages: 1 14 replies