Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: eBay: Is there any reason no one's bid on this?

Pages: 1 25 replies

R
Rain posted on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 1:30 PM

how big is a 42? i dont know what the hell is wrong with me, but i bid on it as soon as i saw what it was.

A few of us actually had a "watch" on this, even though it is a high starting point. Most of my jackets, with alot of time searching, have never been more than $22.00 total.

Oh well....on to the next jacket!

On 2003-11-18 13:32, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
A few of us actually had a "watch" on this,

Kinda thought you might.

DZ

Yow! I would have gone for it, but I see that Rain already has a bid on it.

Rain - I'll lay off it, 'cause you need a stylin' coat up there in the chilly Northeast a lot more than I do! (but if'n you win it & don't actually want it, let me know!)

Rain, I think I wear around a thirty eight to forty. I think were probably around the same size, but don't take my word on it.

It is the coolest jacket I have ever seen.

R
Rain posted on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 1:46 PM

sweet. hey, if you guys want it more than $49.99's worth, feel free. that's my only bid. if not, i will definitely be wearing it to serve rum drinks and preach the tiki word to new friends here.

R
Rain posted on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 1:48 PM

ok i lied. one more bid.

and that'll do it. no jacket for me.
i think the guy bidding on it once bought art from me. is that one of us? (huntingtonbeachlocal?)

[ Edited by: Rain on 2003-11-18 13:49 ]

Damn my Y chromosome...

On 2003-11-18 14:55, Formikahini wrote:
Damn my Y chromosome...

Y chromosome? Something you haven't told us "Miss" Formikahini?

J
JTD posted on Wed, Nov 19, 2003 8:40 AM

[i]On 2003-11-18 16:17, purple jade wrote
Y chromosome? Something you haven't told us "Miss" Formikahini?

Boy, Kahuna Cowboy is gonna be pissed! :)

-JTD

DZ

Hmmm... I think I know what Bong is getting for Christmas...

sh*t - ok, so it's been over 20 years since my last biology class...

That's why I don't teach science, kiddies.

(Nothing masculine hidden in my grass skirt, to this I will swear!)

R
Rain posted on Thu, Nov 20, 2003 7:56 AM

On 2003-11-20 07:34, Formikahini wrote:
(Nothing masculine hidden in my grass skirt, to this I will swear!)

i believe it. ever see mel brooks' history of the world? a grass skirt would be a poor choice for hiding things.
:)

On 2003-11-20 00:27, Doctor Z wrote:

A Y chromosome? :)

DZ

On 2003-11-20 12:11, Unga Bunga wrote:

Now that would be a unique gift!

2 "Y"'s? Would that make Bong "too wise"??

Actually, 'huntingtonbeachlocal' is Madam Bong's "nom d'eBay", and I expect we'll see him sportin' these new threads mighty soon...

YAY! Then I'll get to see it on somebody I know and like!

Formika~
I'll always remember how to distinguish between X and Y, since my surly biology teacher referred to the male chromosome as a "broken (or defective) X".

All I remember my biology teacher saying was, "How do you make a hormone?...Don't pay her!!" He cracked himself up every time.

Maybe that's why I didn't remember my X vs. Y chromosomes, but I do remember bad hormone jokes...

On 2003-11-20 13:44, Doctor Z wrote:

On 2003-11-20 12:11, Unga Bunga wrote:

Now that would be a unique gift!

2 "Y"'s? Would that make Bong "too wise"??

Actually, 'huntingtonbeachlocal' is Madam Bong's "nom d'eBay", and I expect we'll see him sportin' these new threads mighty soon...

[/quote

Doctor Z,

Let me spare you a third post - Yes, huntingtonbeachlocal is my wife. I didn't know she was bidding on the jacket. She doesn't log onto Tiki Central to know another member bid on it. I'm sorry. What the fuck else can I say?

DZ

Whoa... hang on there, Bong! I didn't mean anything negative in any way - I'm stoked you're gettin' the jacket! Rain was just curious as to who the winner was & I thought I'd let him know it was staying in the family and going to someone who would wear it well! Hopefully you'll get it by next week and wear it down to San Diego.

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-11-20 17:16 ]

Perfect for the stage Bong! I know a shop around where I live that has one of these for pretty cheep. May be I'll end up grabbing it.

On 2003-11-20 17:14, Doctor Z wrote:
Whoa... hang on there, Bong! I didn't mean anything negative in any way - I'm stoked you're gettin' the jacket! Rain was just curious as to who the winner was & I thought I'd let him know it was staying in the family and going to someone who would wear it well! Hopefully you'll get it by next week and wear it down to San Diego.

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-11-20 17:16 ]

We cool bruddah Z, I like you and your wahine and you know it!

T

I got one of this guys jackets a month or two ago. Of course it was not my size but fit my son, PuPu Joe just great! He wore it in Las Vegas with a big lapel shirt and some Elvis shades a received many a comment. How come they don't have more for us "full figured" guys? Most of my family have been garbed by my wishfull hoping that the LARGE will be large enough.

T

R
Rain posted on Mon, Nov 24, 2003 8:42 PM

i hear ye, trustar - my arms are too long for most clothing. curse these simian genes.

z - thanks for the info, and bong - sorry, mang, wouldn't have bid again against the wahine had i known it was a tc-affiliated person.

No worries Rain. It was, as we say in accounting, just a timing issue.

My wife knew I'd wanted one for the last couple of years, so when she saw it up for bid, she bid. (Damn wahini spends hours on ebay.)

I'm 5'9" and do not have overly long arms, and it just fits. If you're taller or longer-armed (?), it probably wouldn't have fit.

On 2003-11-24 20:31, trustar wrote:
How come they don't have more for us "full figured" guys?

They don't have much for us full-figured gals either. You'd think they would, what with the obesity epidemic and all. They're missing out on (literally) tons of potential customers! :x

Pages: 1 25 replies