Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shecky Alert! Another one spotted on ebay

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Looks like one of our own has sent Shecky to the wolves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3254903912&category=29460

Now THERE's a big effin' surprise.

T

According to the Shecky registry, it's KokomoTikiBar&Grill's. Sell on!

Maybe I'm just a dumb newbie, but isn't $75- $150 kind of high for a Shecky? Last week one went for under $60, I believe.

-g-

I guess Kokomo decided to sell it since because he no longer is on the forum. I remember he left in a huff.

T

Yowz! I guess I missed Kokomo's departure. I just did a search and found the thread where he stormed out. So I stand corrected, the mug is not for sale by a TC member. My bad.

~tg

T

Hey I got a mention!

ALthough I really don't think anytone types 'TIKIFISH' into Ebay much.

Kokomo should learn more about using key words!

B

Gee, that's funny, back when he said he was willing to trade, I sent him an email asking if he was willing to sell outright, and his response was he already had someone lined up to pay $110, but I was more than welcome to offer more.

T

Thank god Kokomo is gone. I was getting so tired of his 'bump' 'bum' 'bump me to the top baby' crap all the time. He just used TC as a place to hawk his mugs, nothing more.

E

Fartsatune, you know I love ya, and your standing up for Kokomo is very sweet, but it's true: he was selling his Sheckys before he left in a huff. I was one of the people who discussed it with him before I realized I didn't want him to profit off Shecky.

emspace.

K

I had two Mondo Tiki Shag mugs to trade and Kokomo had Shecky #85 & #150. We were closing the deal on one Mondo for Shecky #85 and he pulled out and said he had it sold for $110. Oh well, maybe the eBay poster is the $110 buyer and not Kokomo???? I sure would like a Shecky, but not at that price...any Shecky owners need a Mondo???

Scotty

J
JTD posted on Wed, Nov 19, 2003 12:38 PM

Scotty,
Nedyahr is Kokomo. Guess he outsmarted himself..... (and I'll leave the joke making to the rest of you).

-JTD

Anyone have a link to the thread where Kokomo left. I'd love to read it, while bored at work. I did a search and only found an angry thread where some Buffett Tiki guy went crazy and left.

-g-

I have a much better idea...let's tuck Kokomo back into obscurity where he belongs. No good will come of bringing that ugliness back out into the light.

Our litttle Shecky #85 has been re-listed (without being listed as re-listed) with the starting price at $5.00. I do want a Shecky, and I am willing to pay Kokomo the price he paid for it (but no more, obviously).

SO - what WAS the original price?

Oh, I should add, there's a Reserve, and there's a Buy-It-Now of $100.

[ Edited by: Formikahini on 2003-11-20 15:13 ]

On 2003-11-20 15:10, Formikahini wrote:
I do want a Shecky, and I am willing to pay Kokomo the price he paid for it (but no more, obviously).
Oh, I should add, there's a Reserve, and there's a Buy-It-Now of $100.

Guessing by the way Kokomo works,the "Buy-It-Now of $100" is the reserve.

J
JTD posted on Thu, Nov 20, 2003 4:43 PM

On 2003-11-20 15:10, Formikahini wrote:

$30.00

-JTD

T

The original price for a Shecky was $18, as listed on the Munktiki site:

http://www.munktiki.com/shecky.htm

J
JTD posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2003 8:09 AM

Oops, I gotta get this long term whatchamacallit fixed.

The good news is I've now got an extra $12 I can spend.

-JTD

Pages: 1 18 replies