Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I'm new, so I'm gonna ask a dumb question

Pages: 1 15 replies

I recently bought a Shag Disney mug with the signed/numbered tag attached. I don't want to damage the tag, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on preserving the tag?

-g-

The seal-o-meal is perfect for this without affecting the surface.

On 2003-11-18 14:05, liabungalo wrote:
I recently bought a Shag Disney mug with the signed/numbered tag attached. I don't want to damage the tag, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on preserving the tag?
Keep it, and the mug, away from Polynesian Pop.

J

Here's an idea for keeping your tag intact and free from creases. Get a sheet of clear overhead projector film, fold in half, cut to size of tag leaving a bit of overlap, use a hole punch and replicate the hole in the plastic (or vinyl or pvc or whatever the hell the stuff is), now use a piece of clear tape and seal the opening together, sandwiching the tag inside, re-thread the string and you have a sealed tiki mug tag safe for display.

K

Send it to me (along with the mug) and I'll look after it for you.

:drink:

[ Edited by: Juno on 2003-11-18 17:49 ]

T

Soak it in your Mai Tai that you have poured into the mug - it won't protect the tag, but after a few, you won't care.

On 2003-11-18 14:45, Formikahini wrote:

On 2003-11-18 14:05, liabungalo wrote:
Keep it, and the mug, away from Polynesian Pop.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Shag Disney mug to beautifully adorn my broken tiki mugs shelf. However, I do have 2 other Shag broken beauties:

AND

Oh my god,

That hurts so bad. I can't look.

-g-

Pop, you're sick.

JAYsus, PolyPop, do you live in your own personal earthquake zone??? How DO you break so MANY??? Owwwwwww.....

Liabungalo,

Remember, there are no 'dumb' questions, only dumb answers...

R

Take the tag and use it for a swizzle stick for the Zombie you pour into it. Drink the Zombie in one fell swoop and then smash the mug into the fire place like PolyPop does! :lol:

I'm sick to death of Shag and stupidly over priced Tiki! :roll:

Pop, now that you are all moved into your new place, you ought to get a fishtank and create an underwater city of tiki mug ruins.

Jeezus, I know some weird shit. Okay, before I give this advice, please believe me when I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I NEVER COLLECTED BEANIE BABIES OR STUFFED ANIMALS! That being said, I somehow know that there are little plastic covers that hard-core Beanie and Russ collectors get to cover the tags of their precious collectible TOYS. I'm betting these can be had online or at a fancier toy store that sells Russ toys.

God help me. Because I know that, I'll probably forget the recipe for mai tais someday...

It's true, TikiMaxton. The horrible knowledge will take up all the space reserved for good knowledge, and in the case of Beanie Baby knowledge, it will actually seek out and destroy the important memory cells.

Those broken mugs could not have been broken by a single person acting of his own volition.

Neither mug has a survivable wound.

This is the result of a conspiracy.

Which mug became Mug-In-Chief after their demise?

The trail starts there.

Pages: 1 15 replies