Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

"Vertigo - Then And Now" San Francisco

Pages: 1 4 replies

No tiki here, but I know how a lot of you TCers are always curious of how classic architecture changes and this is another great example.
These are classic photos of San Francisco from the cult movie by Alfred Hitchcock's, "Vertigo" and then compared with photos of today. http://www.basichip.com/vertigo/main.htm

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-11-18 18:00 ]

D
davew posted on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 8:52 PM

love the basic hip site,also home of the online guide to whistling records.very cool!--------dave from jersey

That was really cool...thanks for sharing. :)

C

Unga Bunga,

I've been saving posts that I didn't have time for last month, you're "Vertigo" sites then and now pics were worth keeping. I lived in Palo Alto in my high school years but didn't get to visit that lovely city nearly enough.

D

Thanks for sharing that. 'Vertigo' is one of my all time fave flicks, and San Francisco is one of my all time favorite places. I haven't been back since '99...or was it 2000? In fact, the last time I was there I think I saw 'Rear Window' at The Castro. Or was it actually 'Vertigo'? Sh*t, I can't remember. Anyway totally cool place. It must have been so cool back then with Kerouac hangin out in North Beach and all that.

One of my other fave flicks that takes advantage of the SF landscape is 'Petulia' (1968) with George C. Scott and Julie Christie. Awesome flick. wish they would release it n DVD already!!

aloha! :drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies