Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar at Niagra

Pages: 1 7 replies

Has anyone been to the Tiki bar under the Niagra lounge in NYC. I don't know whether it's worth the trip since it is a hipster bar, but it is owned by D-Generation singer Jesse Malin, which might make it cool.

What's the Tiki Factor?

-g-

T

Damn you got me excited for a second - from the title I thought you meant Niagara Falls!

Sigh.

Goin' over the falls in a rum barrel...

MC

I like the Lei bar under Niagara. It's not as much a hipster place like the upstairs. There's a cool Mod DJ that spins on Fri. night. People dance and go-go dancers are there too. There's some mugs in cases, and other tiki decor. But if you are looking for tiki drinks, there's only a piña colada. But it's still worth checking out, I think.

MC

I like the Lei bar under Niagara. It's not as much a hipster place like the upstairs. There's a cool Mod DJ that spins on Fri. night. People dance and go-go dancers are there too. There's some mugs in cases, and other tiki decor. But if you are looking for tiki drinks, there's only a piña colada. But it's still worth checking out, I think.

Used to dj there about 5 years ago. Great to hear that someone else is doing the 60's go-go thing again. I had a blast when I did it.

Howie Pyro of D-Generation/Danzig/The Desciples ( and many more ) used to spin there on Friday Nights doing a full on lounge freakout night.

Great stuff.

Hey, whats the name of the dj there on Saturdays? Is it Dj Slim Chance or Dj Ring Ding?

E
ecm posted on Sun, Nov 23, 2003 2:26 PM

On 2003-11-19 15:22, tikifish wrote:
Damn you got me excited for a second - from the title I thought you meant Niagara Falls!

Sigh.

Goin' over the falls in a rum barrel...

yea , no shit..that's 30 mins. from me....sigh

D

Hmmm...I was never impressed by the Lei Bar. As far as I can see it's decorated in the Tiki style but that's about it. They have had some pretty cool Go-Go things going on down there, but I wouldn't advise going there to get you tiki-freak on. Otto's and even Wally's (even though I give that place a half thumbs down) are cool if you are looking for some E. Village tiki.

S
Svend posted on Thu, Nov 27, 2003 6:58 PM

Are there any good Tiki bars in Southern Ontario?
Okay, I've lowered my expectations.
Any bad ones?
I'm thirsty for some tiki vibes.

Pages: 1 7 replies