Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Vancouver Tiki

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

There's a tiki in Vancouver but it seems woefully misplaced!

T

That bar is in a Best Western in Surrey, BC.

E

I be dogged...I think fartsatune and I should go down there and liberate it...whaddaya say farts? Got your black balaclava?

:)
em.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-06 19:03 ]

E

Holy crap! Yes, I now see the one on the brickwork. Now farts and i can flip for the big'un - actually if she has a house she can have it, I haven't got room in our wee condo.

em.

Look again... I count three! Two on the brickwork... one under the shark's tail... and the big one in the corner... I get the other one on the wall for finding him! :) I'll bet there's more lurking around the other room... or maybe in that glass case above the bar...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2003-11-21 00:17 ]

E

Crikey! this is why I'm having surgery to correct my terrible myopia on Monday...

em.

Hahaha! I can't believe that's in Surrey.. and a best western no less.. sigh

Hi I'm new and also from Vancouver by the way.. :D

E

On 2003-11-22 19:48, Velvet Ruby wrote:
Hahaha! I can't believe that's in Surrey.. and a best western no less.. sigh

Hi I'm new and also from Vancouver by the way.. :D

Three! There are now three Vancouver TCers! Welcome Velvet Ruby!

aloha,
emspace.

yay! Thanks!

E

My pleasure, I haven't welcomed a new arrival in a long time. Maybe we should all (you, me, fartsatune) meet up at this pub some fine day.

Which reminds me, I've meant to ask thejab, where did you find this and do ya know which Best Western? I did a Google, but none of what I saw looked like it could contain something even this cool...

?, em.

I confess to having gone there and it sucked hugely! Are Natchos Polynesian food for a Tiki Bar? Welcome Velvet Ruby to our small Vancouver clan. I think that is the color I am painting my kitchen right now and I am up to 4 coats and still have streaks! I should have left the wallpaper with the little ducks all over it alone. Hi Emspace!

E

Hi Farts, howzit going? I believe you about the bar - I mean, it's Surrey for crying out loud. That is why we must liberate the Tikis, one each, whoever has the most square footage should get the big one by default I think, which I know automatically lets me out. See how nice I can be?

em.

Thanks for the welcomes! I know at least 2 other friends of mine that are tiki enthusiasts/collectors.. I think the Waldorf should get their shit together so we can lounge in style... and not have to go all the way to surrey.. le sigh.

Hi EM! Not to do a mine is bigger than yours argument but I have only 626 totally filled, crammed to the roof and beyond square feet.
Yours, truly;
Farts

E

You mean mine is SMALLER than yours...Jeez, depending on how much Velvet Ruby has I might end up qualifying for the big Tiki!

You know, it might not be such an outlandish idea. Just go to the pub, tell them we are from Tiki Central (that oughta impress them!) and would like to make an offer on their Tikis. Say, $100 for all three. Tell them they are inappropriate decor for a Surrey watering hole. And the sharks too, and the sawfish bill hanging at upper right, and the shark's jaws, and anything remotely nautical and/or Polynesian.

Let my Tikis go!

em.

There will always be room for tiki's.. I have the top half of a house, and if that fails.. I can store it at my folks place until we buy a house that's big enough.. I'm always torn though.. should Tiki's be kept in shitty places for the exposure? Like.. average Joe Blow walking in and thinking.. "damm, those are neat! I wonder what that's all about" and, as a result, getting interested in this whole phenomenon.. Or should they be rescued and appreciated by the true connoisseur? I suppose at least if they're 'rescued' we know they'll never be trashed... anyhoo..

Pages: 1 16 replies