Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Flash Research - Myers-Briggs correlation with Tiki Centralites

Pages: 1 9 replies

Just curious,

there are tons of versions of the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory online, but this one was relatively quick and painless:
http://www.personalitytype.com/quiz.html

the idea is, is there any link between our particular interest(s) and personality type?

me = INTP

Mahalo,

J "Dr. Phil" $

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2003-11-21 08:06 ]

T

I've taken the Myers-Briggs test before but I forget which one I am... this test was too difficult for me to answer because I saw too much of myself in both sides of each. (Yeah yeah all you astrology cats can yell "GEMINI!!!" now).

I think I need to take the more detailed test again!

Speaking of Myers Briggs, since there are 16 possible types, and there are 16 contestants on Survivor, I have always wondered if they picked one of each type for the show...

T

I've taken the Myers-Briggs test before but I forget which one I am... this test was too difficult for me to answer because I saw too much of myself in both sides of each. (Yeah yeah all you astrology cats can yell "GEMINI!!!" now).

Speaking of Myers Briggs, since there are 16 possible types, and there are 16 contestants on Survivor, I have always wondered if they picked one of each type for the show...

my rationale is that of the 16 types, some are demographically fairly rare (~ 2% such as my own) and that these rarer types tend to congregate since they feel "different" and tend to "speak the same language."

my wahine is a ENFP which is the perfect compliment to me! this ain't pure bullhockey, my previous goilfriend was a type that was preprogrammed to conflict with me. it was eerie once i read the description of what would happen in M-B

i'm a Scorpio btw (crowd hisses)

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2003-11-21 10:27 ]

On 2003-11-21 08:47, tikifish wrote:
this test was too difficult for me to answer because I saw too much of myself in both sides of each. (Yeah yeah all you astrology cats can yell "GEMINI!!!" now).

Yep, this Libra was trying to take from Column A and Column B to balance the scales too. But if I answered based on instinctive behavior and not on learned modification, I am honestly INFP. You know, one of those freaks that will stare at a box of 100 identical items to determine which one was "meant" to be mine.

Leonarda Kosnowski, the _one Wolf

I discovered the MBTI around 1985 and learned a lot from it.

I'm a definite INTP, as well.

R
Rain posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2003 2:56 PM

INFP - ditto everything purple jade said. (except i'm REALLY close to the virgo cusp, just on the libra side.)

T

I'd be right there staring at the box with you, PJ!

The thinker-feeler section is where I ran into the most conflict. I am truly both, but frequently to my detriment, go with feelings over logic.

ENTP

Pages: 1 9 replies