Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Finally - pictures of my tiki bar!!

Pages: 1 19 replies

Wow - after a couple days fooling around with trying to get this to work I've finally been successful...

http://aolsvc.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp/Start?event=NetLogin&shareInfo=Z7269PwK8U5PRKdlNoQVt5iVu6%2fyg32nmXhlPHVBoyt%2fiFD0fyawy1rPX7UUEnGixVpnQMCCRrRr%0a1M5xNpVKMw%3d%3d

Just click on view all at bottom left hand corner to see all the pics!

Johntiki
:drink:

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2002-07-29 23:43 ]

Good job, great bar. It looks really cool.
Al

Love the picture through the bamboo curtain,very cool!Like how you matched the color of the wall with the bar material(?)Looked liked Hawaiian fabric?Very cool.Like to see everyone's creative bars!Aloha,Anne

M

Another stellar Tiki Centralite home bar! I will have a Zombie, barkeep.

I like the thatching above the back bar. The whole room has a real Havana look to it, maybe it's the ceiling light fixtures. Make it a Mojito then!

midnite

J

Thanks for the compliments! I knew the other Tiki Centralites would appreciate my hard work!

Artbyanne - "Like how you matched the color of the wall with the bar material(?)Looked liked Hawaiian fabric?" I actually padded and covered my existing my existing oak bar with Hawaiian fabric panels on the front and bambooed the rest of the visible oak with pieces I got from a couple dis-assembled placemats from Pier 1! The bamboo in the placemats was the biggest bamboo I could find and was already cut in half making it relatively easy to hang.

Thanks to everyone for their comments - you've made my day!

Johntiki

Very nice bar. What did you use for a floor covering? It looks like a grass mat. If so, where did you get it? Also, I like how you organized the space. Very professional.

Johntiki,

Looks very nice. The rope trim on the shelves serves 2 purposes. 1) looks good, and 2) would help keep tiki mugs on said shelf during an earthquake (that's if you live in such area).

Kailuageoff - the flooring is also from Pier One - they sell maize and rice matting there in sizes cut to order - I bought one 6X6 piece just to see how it looked and after I got the rest of the stuff done I went back to get enough to cover up to the bar and they told me they were sold out - I was starting to panic until the guy called another Pier One that still had tons of the stuff - so after an hour long drive, I was able to get enough for the bar.

Tiki_Bong - Where I live, I don't have to worry about natural earthquakes only the man-made variety of drunken guests crashing into the shelf. Hopefully the rope won't be put to the test though...

Johntiki

"Where I live, I don't have to worry about natural earthquakes only the man-made variety of drunken guests crashing into the shelf. Hopefully the rope won't be put to the test though... "

Very cool. Not that's its a huge problem here on the Left Coast, I still use museum putty on all my mugs - just to play it safe!

S
samoa posted on Fri, Aug 2, 2002 2:39 PM

coolies johntiki 8) when will you invite mee

looking Good my plans are in the works for a outside Tiki bar deck and pool for next year
:drink: :sheckymug:

T

John,
The bar looks great. I live in a townhouse so mines more of a Bali Hai in the Hallway. Serves it's purpose and drinks though. I am looking forward to helping powerofthetiki on his bar. It's goona be outside and there's going to be a pool and........

T

Awsome bar, great room, now you have to start with the clutter, start collecting clutter lots and lots of clutter
keep the TIKI alive

T

Johntiki, that is really a great looking bar and the hard work you put into it shows. So have you named it yet?

TikiRob

J

I have come up with a name - Pi Yi's Lanai -
I just recently found out my wife is pregnant and we have been referring to our upcoming child as Pi Yi since the day we found out. It's also good for getting a reaction from people when they ask what are you going to name your baby and we have been announcing that Pi Yi is our first choice whether its a boy or a girl...

H

That's a great tiki bar! My bar has blue walls that look similar. I matched mine to a aquamarine post-it note I had at work. I really like the lauhalla mat wainscoting -- I might add a bit of that in my bar.

Congratulations!

The lauhalla matting was one of the first things I knew I needed - I bought a 50' roll of the stuff from Oceanic Arts - I think I have like 25 feet of the stuff left - anyone wanna make a trade for it...(those of you in CA don't understand how hard it is to track that stuff down on the east coast!)

Well Hello! Congratulations! oh,and your bar looks good too...

Thanks - you're the first Tiki Centralite to congratulate me...

Very nice indeed!! I always appreciate the opportunity to see the imagination, creativity and talent of other members.

Congrats! I tip my 'beachcomber' hat to you!
-C.
:sheckymug:

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2002-08-24 10:43 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies