Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Not Really Tiki-- Caribbean Pirate Bar!

Pages: 1 1 replies

K
Kim posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2003 1:09 PM

I keep forgetting to tell people about this place in person, but Salvador Molly’s in Portland, Oregon, is a terrific, fun, restaurant/bar with locations in SW and SE Portland. (Salvador Molly's is a Portland caterer that opened a couple of locations due to justifiable popular demand.)

Tikitronic & I have been there for dinner a couple of times, and the food is reasonably-priced and quite wonderful. Tikitronic also tells me that their Zombie is excellent, and that the happy hour snacks are superb! We shall have to get the Maxtons and Tikibars over for a trip soon!

Anyhow, I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun experience with good atmosphere and good food—while the tiki décor at Jasmine Tree and the Alibi are indeed stellar, their food definitely leaves something to be desired, so it’s nice to have other options if you want to eat as well as drink! Additionally, Salvador Molly’s is much more vegetarian-friendly than the other options!

http://www.salvadormollys.com/

[ Edited by: Kim on 2003-11-21 13:10 ]

K

Kim,

That place looks like fun and the menu is fantastic. Who wouldn't like pirate food. At least they haven't butchered tiki like Kokomo's. If I'm ever in OR I'm going!

Scotty

Pages: 1 1 replies