Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Happy JFK Assassination Day! (nevermind, actually)

Pages: 1 12 replies

[ Edited by: Trader_Rick on 2003-11-25 14:27 ]

I love it when Lee Harvey Clause comes down the chimney and gives magic bullets to all the good little boys & girls, but he gives grassy knolls to all the naughty ones!

OMG, Trader Rick, I love that foto! And I'm hopping in my car right now to go to Dallas, this 40th Anniversary Day (actually to see the Woggles and Guitar Wolf at The Double Wide, not really to observe JFK Day.)

Join me at Coconuts Island for dinner anyone? Cell phone me:

TIKI: Now, more than ever

[ Edited by: formikahini on 2003-11-25 00:58 ]

It's a little known fact that Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey were in a proto punk blues band together.

Here's a pic of the playing a speed metal version of "I Did It My Way" in the Dallas underground coffee club, 'Grounds For Conspiracy.'

The Dallas Sherriff was guesting on keyboards.

Just now saw the lock after the rant. This was a decidedly non-political thread. Dark humor only. No one endorsed the act, it was just a little steam blower.

Yes, someday there will be Trade Center jokes. Joking makes the intolerable more tolerable.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2003-11-25 15:33 ]

On 2003-11-22 15:00, Geeky Tiki wrote:
It's a little known fact that Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey were in a proto punk blues band together.

Here's a pic of the playing a speed metal version of "I Did It My Way" in the Dallas underground coffee club, 'Grounds For Conspiracy.'

The Dallas Sherriff was guesting on keyboards.

They did a mean instrumental called "Donovans Riff".

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!
My making light of a decidedly dark humour photo (the Jack Ruby one) in no way means that I condone what happened to either Mssrs Kennedy, or Oswald.

Anyone who feels that what happened to Jack, or Bobbie was a good thing, can blow me.

Apologies to Ben if he feels my comments were in poor taste, or in some way condone the murder of JFK. Poor taste I'll take the rap on, and apologise for. But I'm no Kennedy Bloodluster.
Sorry Ben, please accept my apologies.
TG

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2003-11-25 17:13 ]

I know, I own one of the rare 7" discs released on the Slash label. If you play it backwards on 33 1/3 you can hear a subliminal message - "get the gun...shoot, shoot, shoot". Kinda creeps me out, so I don't do it anymore.

On 2003-11-22 16:54, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I know, I own one of the rare 7" discs released on the Slash label. If you play it backwards on 33 1/3 you can hear a subliminal message - "get the gun...shoot, shoot, shoot". Kinda creeps me out, so I don't do it anymore.

If you paly the flip side backwards it f*cks up yer needle. But only after the phrase "cheese and onions" is repteated several times.

Let it Rut baby!
TG

Many people don't realize that without Lee Harvey, the Dead Kennedy's would never have gotten their start.

(I wish he would've gotten Ted also, so does Mary Jo)

hey, hey, hey...let's not cut Sirhan Sirhan (is that his real name? almost sounds like the name of an 80's euro-trash band) outta the picture! He's still in the joint servin' time fer chrissakes.

On 2003-11-22 20:02, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Many people don't realize that without Lee Harvey, the Dead Kennedy's would never have gotten their start.

(I wish he would've gotten Ted also, so does Mary Jo)

Mr. Bong, you've been reading my posts on http://www.soundopinions.net , haven't you? I posted there the Dead Kennedy's would have to change their name to the Better Off Dead Kennedys...

MB

Extreme poor taste. Original post and those that fed into the crap.
Politics and religion are ruled "not allowed" and this shit stays? Give me a fuckin break!

what the FUCK ever happened to "no politics?" If this is not political!!??!!, "I have no tiki in my blood!!" This is FUCKING SAD!!! That was one of the saddest moments in the History of the United States!! If you don't honor it, get the Fuck out of My Country!! Can't wait to hear all your jokes about the Trade Center in 40 Years!!!Fuck You!!!!!!! All of you!!! You all are sad!!!!Very Sad!!!!

Locking this one. Has nothing whatsoever to do with tiki culture and agreed in very bad taste. Politics/Religion= TC No No

Pages: 1 12 replies