Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Sighting on the Food Network (Was this a Re-run?)

Pages: 1 7 replies

Caught a showing of the silly program "Unwrapped" on the Food Network this evening. Unlike the usual Candy and Prepared Food Product topics they usually discuss, this episode was about (mostly) Cocktails (well... and Chex Mix) and featured a segment on Tiki with an onscreen appearance by Otto Von Stroheim and a visit to Trader Vic's. They actually did a very decent job with it despite the fact that it followed a segment on the making of Margaritaville Margarita Mix. Keep your eyes peeled for it!

(Sorry if this was something everyone else has already known about for months and months...)

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2003-11-21 23:06 ]

S

Was that the episode where they talk about making a Mai Tai and where it orginated?

Don't worry if it was already posted about. What amazes me is where the people that bring up all the links where something was posted about, get all that free time....

D

I'm glad when people post the link to old info, I haven't quite mastered the art of the Search tool on Tiki Central yet. I have some threads saved into a TC folder so I can retrieve them quickly for reference. But yes, it sounds like the show I saw a while ago. But thanks for posting the info for the people who missed it the first time. I think it will be airing again today. a-a-ACHOO!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-11-22 09:21 ]

Eek! Yep... Manic Cat posted a notice of the show on August 19. I had run a search on Food Network and, amazingly, it seems as if the Food Network is mentioned in Tiki Central about 200 times daily. A search on Unwrapped was a bit more direct. Still... I'm glad I brought it up. It's worth watching if only for opportunity to see Otto and Baby Doe lounging (sipping) around with his collection.

I saw that the countdown show is having an eight hour special the day after Thanksgiving. During the commercial there is a flash of two people with drinks, one being in a rum barrel. Is that from the Trader Vic's footage?

Cheers,

KT

Oooooooooohhh! I didn't see it on Unwrapped. Of course it could have zipped by real quick. Oughta be worth checkin' out, though, if there's nothing more exciting going on. Of course... Eight hours is a long time for nothing exciting to be going on...

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2003-11-24 23:43 ]

On 2003-11-24 22:15, Kreaky Tiki wrote:
I saw that the countdown show is having an eight hour special the day after Thanksgiving. During the commercial there is a flash of two people with drinks, one being in a rum barrel. Is that from the Trader Vic's footage?

Cheers,

KT

I think that's from the show TOP 5, the "wacky restaurants(or something like that) episode" The #1 pick is the Mai Kai in Florida.

-Z

K

Just aired again! Neato!

Pages: 1 7 replies