Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Googie Tours

Pages: 1 5 replies

J
JonE posted on Sun, Nov 23, 2003 11:09 AM

Hi, I'm new to this so bear with me. I wondered if anyone had been on one of the Googie Tours of L.A.? I was there recently and tried a phone no. but don't think it was right. Just an answering machine, and I never got a call back. If anyone knows a correct no., or has any info about these tours I would be grateful. I'm hoping to go back to CA in the spring (I'm from England).
Thanks alot, hope to talk to someone soon!

Aloha Jon,
Welcome to Tiki Central! You might want to give our friends at Lotta Living a try. I would bet there's someone there that's involved in that.

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/

J
JonE posted on Mon, Nov 24, 2003 1:37 AM

Thanks very much, that's really helpful! I'll post a message there!

TM1

Hey! I am a googie freak.....I never heard of any tour of LA, but I live in Orange County, and if you are ever here, just cruise up Beach blvd, north of the 22 freeway. Lot's of googie signage, and even some vintage car washes with the rocket fins and sputnik satellites on the roof!

T

Hey JonE,

I had the same problem with the Googie tour no.
If you find an answer, please let us know.

Hey JonE
I had no idea what goodie was all about, I'm glad I found your post. But, I got you some info. I don't know if is the same number you have but this is what I found.

Googie Tours (tel 323/980-3480). Groovy treks to space-age glass and formica diners, quirky cocktail lounges and classic fast-food joints, as well as touring tributes to LA's primo pop architecture.

Hope this helps

Pages: 1 5 replies