Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New Year's at Mai Kai

Pages: 1 4 replies

A group of us are going to ring in the new year at the fabulous Mai Kai.
Would anyone like to join us????( We'll be attending the 11:15pm show)
I just received the prices for the new year's menu/rates at the Mai Kai.
There are 3 show times and happy hour from 5 to 6pm.

Cover charge is higher for the 11:15 show which includes ringing in the new year. Seating would begin at 9pm which would give us a few hours to get schloshed in the Molokai bar before dinner.
The Mai Kai s requiring a deposit with your reservation and I suggest doing it ASAP so you'll have choice seating.....

Here's the Mai Kai fact sheet:
MAI-KAI NEW YEARS EVE 2003
CELEBRATE NEW YEARS EVE POLYNESIAN STYLE!

Thank you for inquiring about celebrating New Years Eve with us at the Mai-Kai. Enclosed you will find a sample dinner menu and show times.

Seating will be available for dinner and our Polynesian revue or dinner (without the show) overlooking our beautiful gardens in Samoa, Tahiti or even outside on the Porch. For those of you with us on Midnight, we will be passing out hats, horns and party favors to welcome in the New Millennium.

The Molokai Bar will be open at 5 PM until the wee hours. Happy Hour will be from
5-6 PM “Second Drink on the House”. Come and join the party in the Molokai Bar.

Dinner and show reservations require a non-refundable deposit of $25.00 per person. This deposit will be deducted from your check on New Years Eve. We accept cash, money orders or credit cards for deposits. A receipt for your deposit will be sent to you by mail. We ask that you please bring the receipt with you on New Years Eve and give it to the Maitre d’ upon your arrival. This will confirm your reservation, and enable us to give you the proper deduction on your check.

Please call early for information and reservations to make sure we can accommodate you at the time you desire.
Broward: (954) 563-3272 Dade: (305) 947-9052 Toll Free: 1-800-262-4524
MAI-KAI NEW YEARS EVE 2003 MENU
SAMPLE MENU
PRICE OF THE ENTREE INDICATES PRICE OF THE COMPLETE DINNER, WHICH INCLUDES YOUR CHOICE OF
APPETIZER, ENTREE, CHINESE FRIED OR STEAMED RICE AND DESSERT

APPETIZERS
ICED SHRIMP EGG ROLL
GOAT CHEESE SALAD LOBSTER BISQUE
SHANGHAI CHICKEN GRILLED GARLIC SHRIMP
CRAB RANGOON SPINACH SALAD
ENTREES

HAWAIIAN CHICKEN WITH
TROPICAL FRUIT 44.50
LIGHTLY BATTERED BREAST OF CHICKEN TOPPED WITH A TANGY GINGER, PINEAPPLE AND LYCHEE NUT, SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH A
GINGER PEANUT SAUCE 44.50
TENDER CHUNKS OF CHICKEN WOK SAUTEED IN A GINGER AND GARLIC PEANUT SAUCE WITH SCALLIONS AND RED PEPPERS
3 PEPPERCORN BEEF 46.00
TENDER CHUNKS OF BEEF TENDERLOIN WOK SAUTEED IN A ZESTY CHINESE SAUCE OF SZECHUAN, PINK AND BLACK PEPPERCORNS
MAI-KAI ORANGE BEEF 46.00
SLICED BEEF TOSSED IN A SPICY ORANGE PEEL AND CHILI PEPPER SAUCE
MUSHROOM BEEF 45.00
CHUNKS OF BEEF TENDERLOIN WOK SAUTEED WITH FRESH MUSHROOMS AND WATER CHESTNUTS
SHRIMP AND LOBSTER
CANTONESE 55.00
MAINE LOBSTER AND SHRIMP SAUTEED IN OUR SPECIAL LOBSTER SAUCE WITH SCALLIONS AND ORIENTAL SEASONINGS
SEAFOOD MIXED VEGETABLES 55.00
MAINE LOBSTER, SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS WOK SAUTEED WITH MUSHROOMS, WATER CHESTNUTS, PEA PODS, BOK CHOY, BEAN SPROUTS, ONION AND CELERY
SZECHUAN SURF AND TURF 56.00
TENDER CHUNKS OF FILET MIGNON AND MAINE LOBSTER WOK SAUTEED WITH BROCCOLI, PEA PODS, CARROTS AND BABY CORN IN A SPICY SZECHUAN GARLIC SAUCE
TERIYAKI STEAK, CHICKEN AND SHRIMP
WOK COMBO 52.00
TENDER CHUNKS OF FILET MIGNON, SHRIMP AND SLICED CHICKEN WOK SAUTEED WITH PEA PODS, MUSHROOMS AND RED CABBAGE IN OUR SPECIAL TERIYAKI SAUCE
FRESH YELLOWFIN TUNA 52.00
SEARED RARE WITH MIXED PEPPERCORNS OVER A SPICY THAI PEANUT SAUCE
HAWAIIAN ORANGE-PAPAYA
DUCK 47.50
TENDER OVEN ROASTED DUCK LACED WITH A TROPICAL GRAND MARNIER ORANGE-PAPAYA GLAZE
FILET MIGNON * 55.00
A 10 OZ. HAND CUT, EXTRA TENDER U.S.D.A. PRIME FILET MIGNON, SPECIALLY SEASONED AND ROASTED IN OUR CHINESE OVENS. THE BEST STEAK IN TOWN
BROILED LOBSTER TAIL * 55.00
A TENDER LOBSTER TAIL, WITH A CRABMEAT STUFFING, LIGHTLY BROILED AND BRUSHED WITH ANCHOVY BUTTER
ASIAN BBQ PORK TENDERLOIN * 45.00
TRIMMED LEAN, BRUSHED WITH OUR ASIAN BBQ SAUCE AND OAK ROASTED

• SERVED WITH BAKED POTATO OR CREAMED SPINACH

DESSERTS
PINEAPPLE SHERBET, MACADAMIA NUT SWIRL OR COCONUT ICE CREAM ,
CHEESECAKE OR KEY LIME PIE

CHILDREN'S DINNERS (UNDER 12 YEARS OF AGE) 30.00
INCLUDES APPETIZER, ENTREE, WHITE OR STEAMED RICE, BEVERAGE AND DESSERT
SLICED FILET MIGNON
BARBECUED BABY BACK RIBS
BARBECUED BREAST OF CHICKEN

7:30 P.M. SHOW - 21.00 PER PERSON COVER CHARGE
11:15 P.M. SHOW - 40.00 PER PERSON COVER CHARGE
1:30 A.M. SHOW - 10.00 PER PERSON COVER CHARGE

$25.00 PER PERSON DEPOSIT REQUIRED FOR RESERVATIONS
3599 N. FEDERAL HWY, FT. LAUDERDALE, FL 33308 (954) 563-3272

TB

Are the members of my party going to be the only tikiphiles celebrating New Years at the Mai Kai???

R
Rain posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2003 9:52 PM

:/ d- and i would be there, but we live up north now :(
wish we could go!

T

Uh, and those prices are in US dollars? I think I am having paliptations roght noe. A dinner would cost me more than airfare!

Airfare to Florida from toronto: 200 bucks canadian.

dinner at the Mai Kai: 300 bucks canadian..

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Dec 5, 2003 4:46 PM

I was planning to be there, and may yet, but, unfortunately I lost my job Wednesday so vacations are out. I was all set to spend a full week down there too...

Pages: 1 4 replies