Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Today is 'Talk Like a Plumber' Day

Pages: 1 8 replies

(first, pull your pants down far enough to expose your butt crack)

Turn off the angle stop located to the lowere left of the toilet. This shuts off the water to the toilet. If yo don't have an angle stop shutoff valve by your toilet yo need to shut off the water at the main shutoff valve in the basement. Get rid of the water in the tank by flushing, then bail out the water that is in the bowl using a plunger to force the rest of the water into the bowl.

Disconnect the supply lead tube. This is the tube that attaches from the angle stop to the toilet tank. Unscrew from the tank.

If you have a one-piece toilet, proceed to step 4. If not, remove the tank cover and mop up inside. Reach inside and unscrew the bolts that attach it to the toilet. Use the 8-inch wrench to hold the washer that is under the tank and use the screwdriver to turn the bolt.

That'll be $450 Ma'am.

Yous forgot to say you'll be there between 9 and 1. Then show up at 3:30 and aint workin past 5.

Scratch your head and say "This looks like it could be a big problem, I'm gonna have to go back the the shop for parts", then remain unreachable for the next week.

Oh, and break a $300 faucet and replace it with a $30 one.

I'll be able to answer this post in about 10 minutes, but 1st I need to go back to the shop for the tool to take it out. Hey, I gotta charge ya for the time to drive there & back 'cause it's a special tool that I don't usually need for your typical job, ya know?

A

I've seen that tool. It's called a wrench.
arrr!
A

Crack Kills! (plumbers crack that is)

"Well, buddy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this ain't gonna be cheap..."

B

"We're gonna have to run a new hot line over to that upstairs bath, but the joists are runnin' the other way. We could run the pipe along the sheet rock and you can just soffit the ceiling...OR, I can just run the pipe, hang a fern from it & we'll call it good."

Lest we not forget.....The Plumber Protects The Health Of The Nation...........not your wallet.....

your Tiki Central plumbing, heating, and air conditioning contractor......

I'm raising my rates tomorrow.....

Pages: 1 8 replies