Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: new fish hooks by my man Vinnie Cabanilla!

Pages: 1 5 replies

E
R

Nice Tiki fish hook! I wish I could afford it. Guess I'll have to suffer with the "cheap mass produced" one around my neck till my 14 Million Dollar Florida Lottery number comes in on Saturday's drawing! :lol:

E

I hear that Rattiki. It was the most I've ever spent on an eBay item (limited dicretionary income too y'know), but I don't regret it. Mine is koa with a mammoth ivory barb. The old one (made by me with a hook found at Beadworks, don't know if you have 'em in the States) went in the wastebasket.

Good luck on that lottery!

:)
em.

K

Vinnie is a great artist. I got one from him some time ago that has sinister barbs(hate to be that unlucky fish) and a cool maori tiki carved in 3D around the entire top of the hook. I'm trying to convince the owner of the antique/retail store I work in to carry his work. She's already buying Tikiquest books and Tikifarm mugs!!!

Scotty

E

Scotty, that is one cool antique store, wish we had ones like that here!

em.

K
Kanaka posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2003 2:29 PM

Thanks emspace. I've often wished I owned it but with this economy I'm glad I don't. It's owned by a husband and wife. The wife is totally cool any into anything strange, wacky, or out of the ordinary. She carries mostly new stuff on her side. The husband does the art deco, retro, 50s kitsch, and Heywood Wakefield. He gets the best stuff, but it's usually overpriced and his business ethics need help. That aside, it's a wonderful wonderland to browse through. If you (or any Centralites) are ever in Atlanta please stop by!!!

Scotty

Pages: 1 5 replies