Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Exotic Moods $14.99!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 40 replies

Don't know how long this will last, but Dusty Groove

http://www.dustygroove.com/sixtiescd.htm

just posted Les Baxter's Exotic Moods 2 CD set for 14.99. Get one fast and chuckle at all those guys who paid $100 plus.

Goner. Mahalo!

Do continue to poke around the Dusty Groove website after checking out the link. It is a treasure trove of rare, interesting, and for the most part reasonably priced music. They have tons of imports, and their service is great. I've shopped with them for 3 years now.

Thanx spy-tiki.

Mahalo! I just ordered mine.

But what did you mean by goner BK? Is it out of stock?

Slacks

Slacks - I thought the same thing after I ordered so I went back and checked...all systems GO!

I just meant "bought mine". :)

Although I was not one of the ass-clowns who paid $100 for the Martin Denny and the Les Baxter sets, I did pay about double what they are going for on Dusty Groove.
Then again, I've had mine for well over a year...maybe two. So no regrets here.

BOTH are excellent cd's!

I AM, however, interested in the Ultra Lounge Crime Scene CD. I don't suppose anyone in here has that?
If so, let me know how it is. I'm sure at $7 bucks I can't go too wrong.

Thanks for the heads-up all the same.

:sheckymug:

T

Thanx for the heads-up. I just ordered my copy.

75stingray - I picked up Crime Scene at Lou's Records here in San Diego. I think I paid 12 bucks for a new copy. I really like it so I can't complain. The Ultra Lounge booklet is really cool too. Some standout cuts: From Russia w/ Love (Count Basie), The Untouchables (Nelson Riddle) & The Silencers (Vikki Carr). I give it the Good Loungekeeping seal of approval.

Thanks, ordered it!
Ran

B

Good work spy-tiki...thanks!

B

Good work spy-tiki...thanks!

(oops, sorry for the double whammy)

[ Edited by: bamzeno on 2003-11-28 01:42 ]

K
Klas posted on Fri, Nov 28, 2003 7:09 AM

I think one reason that the Baxter CD is going for a very low price is that it's a cut out copy. Hopefully the hole is only in the CD case (easy to replace) and not stamped through the front and back cover which sometimes is the case.

K

I ordered one too. I hope they have enough copies.

:drink:

K

I guess this answers my question:

"Unfortunately, the item(s) you requested are currently out of stock. If these titles come back in stock we will send you a short email to let you know they are back in stock."

Oh well, I'm back to downloading it off Kazaa. 8 more songs to go.

I just got the same message as Juno.
sigh

Oh well. I probably shouldn't be buying myself gifts so close to the Holidays anyway...

K
Kim posted on Fri, Nov 28, 2003 10:55 AM

Yup, we ordered and were told that the item was not longer in stock... I suspect that they only had the one copy (with the hole in the case), which is a shame.

But I guess at least we all have yet another place to look for it!

DENIED!

None for me either... :(

And none for me...It was fun while it lasted, though.

Ran

I checked around town at some of the more "eclectic" vinyl emporiums but came up nada. The Exotic Sounds of Martin Denny is $24.49 at Lou's Records to give you an idea of retail prices here (but that's not a cut-out).

Well, that was my 20 minutes of excitement for today. DAMN. they probably just had 1 promo copy that someone traded in.

-Z

Actually, BK was right. It's a GONER!

A simple call to the company helped my curious mind as to the stock on hand at their warehouse. You see, they only got ONE copy of that item in. I asked the customer service rep about it being posted on their website, and she said "I know, it's crazy since it came in and one person ordered it (maybe BK??) and then we got all these other orders in and we can't fill them!"

So, maybe BK ended up getting the one and only copy they had. I asked them if they were getting more copies and she said no, not at this time and most likely it was one of those CD's that come in very rarely. She also said that an email will go out to all those that ordered letting them know that they are unable to complete their order.

Oh well, I'm glad I didn't fill out the order form since I don't like having my credit card number out there in some "pending file".

Let us know if you get it BK.

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-11-28 15:47 ]

No, like I said, I got nothing but this e-mail: Dear Dave Wolfe,

Thank you for your order.

Unfortunately, the item(s) you requested are currently out of stock. If these titles come back in stock we will send you a short email to let you know they are back in stock.

ID_____Artist/Title_____________________Format
79114W Les Baxter . . . . . . . . . . . . CD Sold Out

• Exotic Moods Of Les Baxter
N

I jumped on this order as well, and got the same response....:( sigh

SOMEDAY maybe I'll find one for less than $50.00.....

BTW, BK, I see you're in Georgia as well...I'm in Savannah...where are you? LOVE your Tiki Bar, BTW....

Scott Deeter

S

This feels like one of Smogbreather's 6 second sales. I put my order in after I posted the news on this site and I HAVEN'T recieved an "out of stock" email (yet!)

If I get one I'll be happy to do some CD burning for you guys. Trying to get hold of this CD is ridiculous.

K
Klas posted on Sat, Nov 29, 2003 5:44 AM
K
Kim posted on Sat, Nov 29, 2003 9:28 AM

Well, hopefully Spy-Tiki got it! Dusty Groove's site said they'd email within 24 hours, I think, so you might have been the lucky one!
:)

[ Edited by: Kim on 2003-11-29 09:29 ]

K

[ Edited by: Juno on 2003-11-29 10:06 ]

The site says they are now out of stock but you can submit your email address in case they get more.

Oops...didn't notice there was a page 2 before I posted.

What would those of you who are experienced with exotica recommend a novice try to obtain as a good sampler?

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2003-11-30 17:48 ]

M
Mambo posted on Sun, Nov 30, 2003 6:54 PM

DAMN!
They're all sold out of Baxter AND Denny.

K
Kenike posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2003 2:30 PM

What would those of you who are experienced with exotica recommend a novice try to obtain as a good sampler?

Check out "Mondo Exotica" in the Ultra Lounge series. Lots of Martin Denny, Les Baxter etc. It should be pretty easy to find.

K
Klas posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2003 3:12 PM

On 2003-11-30 18:54, Mambo wrote:
DAMN!
They're all sold out of Baxter AND Denny.

You can get the Martin Denny Capitol double CD for $26.99 at Amazon

The Surfites

[ Edited by: Klas on 2003-12-01 15:13 ]

S

I just got my confirmation from Dusty Groove a few days late and yes...Sold Out! Now the $100+ club can chuckle at me.

MM

Anybody on this forum who needs a copy of the EXOTIC MOODS OF LES BAXTER double cd, please don't pay $50++ for a copy!!! I remember buying this when it was new for $30, and I thought that was too much! But the music is fantastic. A must! Just send me a private e-mail and I'll burn you copies for free. It's my Xmess present to you guys. (Assuming that not more than a few people reply...)

Not more than a few people?? HAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." Lou Whitaker

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-12-15 20:28 ]

MM

Okay, maybe I should limit it to the first five people who reply...act fast!

By private email you mean Personal Message right? I'm going to really hope that the lack of 372 'yee haa' posts means I at least have a chance here:)

MM

OK, the top five on their feet have answered already, so the offer has expired!

[ Edited by: Mau Mau on 2003-12-16 05:31 ]

Pages: 1 40 replies