Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Any LA locals have some free time to help me find an apartment?

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hiya gang -- I've got a job, so now I'm ready to start looking for an apartment. My office will be at UCLA, at least temporarily, and I'll be spending a lot of time at a facility at 6140 Bristol Pkwy in Culver City. I'll also have not infrequent visits to Caltech. Eventually, my office will likely move to somewhere about 5-10 minutes from that Culver City address, and in the longer term, I'm considering joining a lab at Caltech that's connected to the same project.

Based on feedback from my new colleagues, I'm planning on looking for a place somewhere between West Hollywood & Santa Monica.

I need to do some exploring, and I'd feel much more comfortable about it if I had someone who knows that area well (or at least better than I do) in the passenger seat to give me the lowdown. My job starts Monday, so it'll have to be in the evenings. I'll reward by picking up the tab at dinner.

My computer access is very limited these days, so if you're game, feel free to call me at (206) 349-1362.

P

Congrats on the new job !

Hey, welcome.
I've found my last two apartments on westsiderentals.com, and they were pretty damn good. I can't look for you, but they make it easy to find things so your limited computer time will be well spent.

Don't let their name fool you, they have places all over L.A..

Also, recycler.com has some good listings. It's really all about the driving around and looking at them thing, as these Hollywood jerks will use trick photography to make their squalor pits look like a magical oasis.

Good luck, and try to locate yourself within walking distance of Tiki Ti's. You'll make loads of new friends, as long as your couch is comfy.

Cheers,

-M.

congrats on the job!!!!!

i'll spend an evening driving around with you in the south valley, etc... recycler is a good source for cheap places, but sometimes i think it's just best to find the hood you like and look for vacancy signs.

Congrats on the job. You might find cheaper palces if you're willing to live in Culver City. Westsiderentals.com is very good but you can also just pick a main street, pull one block over and drive around the areas you're thinking about looking at. You find allot of rent signs that way. A friend of mine has a 2 bedroom place on Flower, off of Lincoln. I think this is technically still Culver City but is right on the edge of Santa Monica and very easy access to Venice. A girl I used to know had a tiny place in Venice that she payed a whole lot for. There's the compromise, the closer to the water you get the higher the rent will be. My sister used to have a one bedroom with a pretty big living room out in West LA that she only payed about 850 a month for. This was north of the 10 fwy near the Robertson exit.

Pages: 1 4 replies