Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki.head paintings

Pages: 1 28 replies

Here is my latest one, commissioned by, of all people. my mother-in-law. The size is 24 X 28", acrylic on canvas as always.

Next up is a take off of a De Chirico piazza, with a moai instead of disquieting muses or taylors dummies.

Tiki.Head

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:41 ]

Wo!

Cosmic bro.
Is that a styrofoam (we're number one) hand on the astronaut?

TC

tiki.head: are there more examples of your paintings on tc?

Your mother-in-law must be pretty cool. Seems like most mothers-in-law want paintings of magnolias, landscapes, etc.

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2003-12-09 14:13 ]

Thanks for the comments and the interest. The big hand was my wifes' idea, she liked the joke of the astronauts thinking they were the first on the moon, then finding a Moai there, so she said the hand pointing should be very noticeable. Tiki Chris, I have posted a few others in the original Pics Pics Pics of Tiki paintings post, but here is another, which was a housewarming gift for my parents when they moved to Florida. This is more like what Moms should want, I guess, but I snuck a Moai in there on her. This is 30 x 48, acrylic on canvas. My digital camera doesn't get very good details of these, must get a new one one of these days.

Tiki.Head

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2008-01-01 19:08 ]

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:30 ]

This is an older one from an on going series, The Heroic Tiki Series. This is number four, The Tiki who drove a Galaxy 500 to West Palm Beach.

And Number Five, The Tiki who invented Drink Umbrellas:

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:35 ]

I am trying to get this to be the logo for our new software. So far they have agreed to put him on the tool bar as the help icon.

Wish me luck...

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2008-01-01 19:13 ]

This is the first of the Heroic Tiki series, "The Tiki who ate a Kid (and got indigestion)". This series was painted in 2001, but is threatening to be resurrected soon. I scanned this instead of using the camera, it turned out better. Too bad most paintings won't fit in the scanner.

Tiki.Head

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:37 ]

The Di Chirico tribute is done, it is 36" x 48", acrylic on canvas. Title is "The Journey Ends", after an exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art called "The Endless Journey", which had about firty Di Chiricos of the Ariadne theme. Drove my kid nuts, so he suggested the title with the warning that I better not be planning to paint 49 more of these.Don't know what is next, but lots of ideas. Unfortunately, work is getting in the way, so probably nothing for a month or so.

Also, another tribute from the same show, I called this Moaiadna:

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:39 ]

Well, its been a long time since I posted anything, but since I am lounging the day after, I thought I would put up a newer painting. This is called "The Bored of Directors".

Tiki.head

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:45 ]

Okay, one more, this is a tribute to Dali, and yes, that is a spork.

Tiki.Head

Tiki.Head

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:47 ]

T

Another tribute to Dali.

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:48 ]

T

Okay, since I am sitting here doing this, here is a Leger tribute, this is called the find, i painted it after staring at a poster that we had hanging in our bedroom for many years.

Tiki.head

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:49 ]

T

One for Magritte

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-03-30 14:50 ]

A newer painting of my company logo. You can tell I'm a consultant by the gigantic yelling mouth...

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-04-09 06:01 ]

T

A tribute to that great naturalist, Rousseau.

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2009-04-09 06:05 ]

D

T.H,
Great work. I like your 'Di Chirico'....and spork w/ant, cool.
Your latest (Rousseau) really shows nice warmth, colors, great style. And is that a
subtle tiki in that moon?
Ciao

BD

wow great work. love your dali inspired tiki's. somehow i am now envisioning a tiki in place of the lion in the rousseau but your idea still rocks.

bd

Thanks for the kind words, you two. I hadn't thought about replacing the lion, but now it is in the list to try out.
Tiki.head

Well, it's been a long time since I posted anything. This is kinda big, 36 X 48, acrylic on canvas as always.

Tiki.Head
[

[ Edited by: tiki.head 2010-01-27 07:40 ]

Okay, some close ups of this...

Tiki.Head
[

That's a huge piece, nice work. I always get lost on large canvases, I feel like I'll never finish... You have a lot going on there, cool.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jan 27, 2010 3:08 PM

tiki.head, I love your stuff! would you like to trade some drawings or paintings with me? How would you define your style?

The Painting for Magritte (tikiheads) looks like an episode from Doctor Who with the Dalek's....lol Very nice work!

Thanks for the kind words, I like doing large canvases, even though they do take a long time. Since I just paint for amusement, it doesn't really bother me that they take a long time. Zeta, I don't know how I would describe my style, since I have never had any lessons (obviously), so I just feel my way around and rely on the forgiving nature of acrylic paints when I screw up. What you see is someone who likes surrealists and tikis sort of mashed together. I will be happy to trade or whatever, send me a personal note and tell me what you have in mind.

Tiki.Head
[

That's some cool stuff to look at. Keep 'em coming.

This is an older one that I did for my brother's tiki bar.

About 18 X 24 or so

Tiki.Head
[

Pages: 1 28 replies