Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Petty Booka hits the West Coast!

Pages: 1 19 replies

from Otto's Tiki Events mailing list:

Petty Booka is back in support of their new US released Christmas CD
Please spread the word if you have friends in these towns
(I'll probably catch their San Rafael show and their SF shows)

MON 12/15 SEATTLE

Sunset Tavern
5433 Ballard Avenue, Seattle Washington, 98107
(206) 784-0627 bar: (206) 784-4880

INSTORE:
6pm
Sonic Boom Records Ballard
2209 NW Market St.
Seattle, WA 98107
206.297.BOOM

TUE 12/16 PORTLAND confirmed

Alberta Street Public House
1036 NE Alberta Street
Portland, OR 97211
(503) 284-7665

8 pm, possible opening act: Brook Adams
Show sponsored by Portland Ukulele Association

INSTORE:
5 pm
Music Millenium
801 NW 23 St.
Portland, OR 97201
(503) 248 0163

WED 12/17 EUGENE

Sam Bond’s Garage
407 BLAIR BLVD,
EUGENE, OR 97402
Phone: (541)343-2635

THU 12/18 SAN RAFAEL

Fourth Street Tavern
711 Fourth Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 456 4828

Co-bill with Faraway Brothers

FRI 12/19 GOLETA, CA( Santa Barbara) 9pm

Mercury Café
5871 Hollister Ave
Goleta, CA 93117
(805) 967-0907
$6 door, capacity 100

SAT 12/20 LOS ANGELES

Knitting Factory, LA
Alterknit Lounge
7021 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 209
323 463 0204

This is a killer show!!
SUN 12/21 LONG BEACH, CA confirmed
Afternoon Christmas Luau
On the beach at Granada Launch Ramp
1 South Granada Avenue
Long Beach, CA
Presented by Beach Ventures and An Island Dancing Adventure

OPENING: Maikai Gents (www.mkgents.com) and
King Kukulele (www.kingkukulele.com)

MONDAY 12/22 SANTA CRUZ

Santa Cruz Art League Theater
526 Broadway
831-426-5787

Opener: Michelle Kiba, The Ukulele Lady
SPONSORED BY Ukulele Club Of Santa Cruz

TUE 12/23 SAN FRANCISCO

Biscuits And Blues
401 Mason Street
(415) 292-2583

Two shows: 8:30 pm – 10 pm, 10:30pm – 12:00
OPENING ACT: Michelle Kiba, The Ukulele Lady

I'm definitely gonna hit the Long Beach show!

T

Nor-Cal HTs, take note: There are 2 (!) shows up here. If you missed them at the crawl, here's your chance to catch this great act. I'll be at both shows. Who's in?

S

any Seattleites wanna hit the Sunset on the Monday night? I may be working till aroudnd 9 pm, but could come out for the first set. Too bad, no mai tais at the Sunset, but, like I need to be drinkin on a monday night after a double shift. hehehehehe
PEa

DZ

The Long Beach Swap Meet in the morning and Kukulele, the Maikai Gents and Petty Booka in the afternoon - now THAT is my kinda way to spend a Sunday! We'll definitely be there on the 21st - anybody else wanna make a day out of it? Velours?? Sabu? TraderPup?

'Pup - Please keep us posted as to the starting time - I don't want to miss a minute of this show!

M

Can't make the SF- but will be at the San Rafael show!

Drinks in Fairfax first?

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-12-01 17:08 ]

D

The DawnTiki's are planning on attending the Sunday show in Long Beach with a DawnTikiTot in tow, hope to see some of you there too.

My dear Tiki Central friends,

I hate being the bearer of bad news, I really really really really do, however... The Long Beach show on the 21st has been cancelled. There were issues with the city and venue availability. The ladies, the Gents and the King are looking into alternative plans as we were all so looking forward to playing this gig. Anyone have a lead on an O.C. venue for that night? Hey, anyone here wanna have the most amazing private party and bring the whole lot of us to your home/bar/yacht club/miniature golf course/pool hall, etc? Drop us a line at [email protected] Mahalo for understanding.

-Iuka Grogg

M

Man, you people in Low Cal have got to strike at this opportunity. OK, here's what you're going to do:

EVERYONE TO BONG'S GARAGE! The Smokin' Menehune's will play as well. Bong will make Mai Tai's for everyone.

Bong, is this OK?

IG

That's the spirit, Martiki! Another idea: Perhaps someone's workplace would like to have an extra special holiday party that night.? Well, have we got the entertainment for you! Mahalo.

-I. Grogg

T

The Spectacular East Indies Room would be available if Bong isn't up for it....!

D

Any new news on this?

Sorry Dawn, but it's been called off.

D

No one is going to put something together??? :cry: I guess the Knitting Factory is it then.

We done gave it our best shot. Petty Booka will be playing that night in San Luis Obispo on their way up to the Santa Cruz Uke Fest. The King and the Gents may still pull off a Holiday Spectacular, though. Keep your eyes peeled in the Events forum.

-I. Grogg

They're reviewed in the Portland Mercury this very week! http://www.portlandmercury.com/current/music.html

Was I the only Seattle TC'r at the
show tonight? Tiki riv, were you there? Do ya wear glasses?
Pea

P

sweetpea, I didn't see your earlier post about going to the Sunset tonight until just now... darn ! We went to the earlier event in store at Sonic Boom. We should have gone to the Sunset, too...they were great ! Sorry we missed you, next time let's plan to meet up.

[ Edited by: puamana on 2003-12-16 00:10 ]

T

At tonight's San Rafael show, PB goes on first according to the folks at 4th street tavern, so get there early.

M

Sorry I couldn't make the San Rafael Show in the end. On Tuesday I hella geeked-out and did the Rings Trilogy thing for 12 hours, got home at four, got up at 7 and went to work, then to office Xmas party, then up again at 5 to go to the valley all day for biz and got home at 8pm. So a little too zonked out. Good show?

T

They were fantastic. Here's some pics:

And movies! Forgive the quality as these were shot with my little Canon S400 "still" camera (roughly 1 to 2 megs each):

tikibot.com/misc/pb_uke_lady.mov

tikibot.com/misc/pb_mat_kud.mov

And my fave:

tikibot.com/misc/pb_cowboy_hula.mov

Can't wait to see them again on Tuesday.

Pages: 1 19 replies