Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Petty Booka Christmas Album!

Pages: 1 2 replies

Petty Booka released a Christmas album last month: Petty Booka: Christmas Everywhere

Amazon Review: The irresistable Petty Booka bring their warm, unintentionally wacky charm to a collection of perfectly chosen Christmas tunes. From standards like "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" to John Prine's unusual "Christmas in Prison" to a coconut-scented "Christmas Island," Petty Booka delight, bringing a bit of Christmas cheer to any day of any month. With instrumentation ranging from an island sparse ukulele, slack-key guitar and bass combo to orchestrations that would do any arranger proud, Christmas Everywhere is a joy of a record. My choice for stand-out hit single is a Cuban 40s big band mambo version (sung in Japanese!) of "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer." Incredible fun! This is definitely one "Christmas" record that can be played all year long!!

Petty Booka is also touring the West coast this December, see the post under the events topic...!

Traderpup!!! Yowza!!! This item has been pictured (although, not sold) on their Website for a while now. Is it now available in the US? I tend to buy more records (yeah... I'm that old) at my local store than I do online anyhow. Can I buy this here now? Whoooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!

And to think... The only Ukelele Christmas Album I've had up to this point was Tiny Tim with Brave Combo!!!

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2003-11-29 22:52 ]

W
wushu posted on Thu, Jul 1, 2004 4:55 AM

Much better than the Chipmunks' christmas album. These chicks rock. I have this album and another, both well done. Petty Booka were interviewed in the latest issue of Giant Robot. They are the punkest thing to come outta Japan since Rodan.

Pages: 1 2 replies