Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Homer and Marge drink Mai Tais!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies

M

Seen on the Simpsons last night, Homer was shopping for a Mothers day gift at Sprall Mart In his cart in a rather large box (prominently displayed I might add) - Mai Tai mix!! That really explains alot about the shows characters. Try watching the show while drinking a proper Mai Tai it adds alot too!

Yeah, I noticed that too. T'was funny. Especially since I had just spent the weekend making Mai Tai's for a few of my friends.

Mmmmmmmmm Mai Tai's

-Slacks

I too noticed the box of Mai Tai mix in his cart and shouted
"Homer's got Mai Tai mix!"

No reaction from signifigant other.

But the dog came over to rejoyce in my excitement!

sigh.
-Tikiwahine

DOAH!

S
Svend posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2003 6:10 PM

Excellent!

T

I knew Homer had to some class. This proves it!

T

I was watching the DVD of the Simpsons second season, and there's one episode where Flanders gets Homer smashed on "Flanders Planters Punch", which, according to ol' Ned contains "three shots of rum, a jigger of bourbon, and a little dabaroo of creme de casis".

Well, I just had to whip up some Flanders, but the thing is, made Ned's way, it's ALL liquor.

So I used the recipe for Planter's Punch in TRT as a starting point for the mixers (lime, lemon, sugar, grenadine), but kept Ned Flander's hootch suggestions intact, and came up with this:

Ned, Donn, and Vic (with the help of JT) present Flander's Planters Punch 2.0:

(for two)

6 oz rum
3 oz bourbon (a jigger being 1.5 oz)
2 oz creme de casis (a daberoo? Ok, that's an ounce!)
a bit less than 1/2 oz grenadine (too much and it'll taste like cough syrup)
1 tsp sugar
2.5 oz lime juice
1/2 oz lemon juice

Blend or shake vigourously, pour over crushed ice.

This stuff is serious - look what it did to Homer!

S

I too saw the mai tai mix in Homer's shopping cart. That was brilliant!

Also, did you notice that Patty and Selma (Marge's evil twin sisters) had Kahlua in their basket?!?

I just posted about this, you guys are way ahead of me. Sorry didn't mean to put up multip[le topics on the same subject.

E

I used to work at a radio station and the owners went to Evergreen with Matt Groening years ago (as in pre-Simpsons). Maybe we should invite him to our monthly get togethers...anyone know him? Liking Mai Tais is a good enough reason for an invite in my book. I'm a huge Simpsons fan myself...remember those Burger King Simpsons dolls from the early 90's? I had someone who used to give me one every time I saw him...ahhh the sweet Simpsons memories.

Thanks for the recipe, Tikibars. Now how about one for a Flaming Homer?

M

"Moe. It's called a Flaming Moe. That's right, a Flaming Moe. My name is Moe, and I invented it. That's why it's called a Flaming Moe. What, what are you looking at Homer? It's a Flaming Moe, I'm Moe."

another cartoon tiki sighting
(another piggyback posting by j$)

"Tiki Torch," a member of the Justice Friends on Cartoon Network (Dial M for Monkey):

not bad for a cartoon tiki, no?

J

I always liked the early episode of King of the Hill when Hank's dad Cotten is first introduced to Hank's Laotian neighbor Khan.

Cotten claps his hands (thinking Khan works for Hank) and says "Khan, I'll have a Mai Tai!"
I should see if that sound bite is online...

Remeber the movie Little Man Tate with Jodie Foster? She worked as a cocktail waitress and in one scene she was scolding the bartender for screwing up her mai tai order. Anyone know if it was a tiki bar? I don't remember.

Pages: 1 14 replies