Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

OK, no Hoity Toity crawl, how about a holiday party?

Pages: 1 9 replies

L
laney posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2003 7:27 PM

Is anyone interested in us Hoity Toitys, getting together for a holiday party. Maybe somewhere like Bahooka? (I know some newbies haven't been there) Somewhere else would work too...

We could do a Yankee gift swap (we did this with my family this year at Thanksgiving). If you haven't been to one, here's how it works:

Everyone brings a wrapped gift of a set value.
Everyone in the gift exchange draws a number.
Number 1 chooses a gift, opens it and shows it to everyone.
Number 2 can either steal the opened gift from #1, or choose a wrapped gift and open it.
If #2 steals, #1 chooses another package and opens it.
Number 3 can steal any opened gift, or open a package.

Basic rules:
Once a gift has been stolen 3 times, it's dead and can't be stolen again.
You can't take something right back from the person who stole it from you

I know there are a lot of company/family parties so maybe we could all decide on a date. Even an early Sunday or other weekday. I think this could be a lot of fun! Anyone, anyone? Just tossing this out, post if interested.

T

Laney,

Good thought. I've found that you pretty much have to say "this is what we're doing folks" in order to make something happen.

Plan it and they will come (hopefully).

Good luck.

TR

Aloha Laney
I might be but those gift exchange rules may get a bit confusing after a few mai tais.

You know, Bong, we're gonna have to have a release party for our Menehune record pretty soon. Maybe that is when we can hook it up with Sam's and either play in the bar or at least have our record playing. Plus, booze drinking.

T

Maybe you got something there Mr. Lucky. What's this 'booze' drinking thing you're talking about?

T

bAhoOka..... feals like your under water there, with all those bubbling aquariums, I'm up fOr it!

H

Sounds good to me, especially the Bahooka part. I could go either way on the gift thing. My schedule looks pretty open; the only days that are out for me are next Fri & Sat (12 & 13).

UB

On 2003-12-02 16:16, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Maybe you got something there Mr. Lucky. What's this 'booze' drinking thing you're talking about?

Well, that’s obviously the opening act.

That's a great idea, Laney.
But, I have so much going on every weekend (booze drinking) in december, I doubt I would have any time to go.

Just a suggestion for the gift exchange rules. We did this a few years ago at a party and it was very funny.

Rule number one: Each person brings the worst gift they've ever received. Roll seven, eleven or doubles and you can exchange what you have for anything anyone else has.

Rule number two: All forms of cheating are permitted but you have to buy someone else a drink if you get caught.

Pages: 1 9 replies