Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

help identifying tiki mugs

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Hi,

We recently bought a house that fits in with our tiki lifestyle, a 1960 Eichler. In the garage, along with some other cool finds, was a set of six mugs, or bowls, that definitely have a tiki look to them. I can't quite make out the mark on the bottom, but it looks like Quyle. Does this name or something like it ring a bell with anyone?

Not that interested in making money off these, more interested in the history.

I'll post pictures shortly.

Thanks!

T

No.

OK, got the camera working. I took a picture of him next to my poor deformed Mr. Bali Hai, to see the dimensions. Anyone have one like him?

T

Hmmm, you buy an Eichler, then you find tiki mugs inside it? You are living a charmed life my friend! You should now check in your closets for any original Leetegs left behind. With your luck, you never know!

S

Post up some pics of that Eichler in the non-tiki section! I love those houses! I'm, of course, in the boondocks (Northwest Arkansas), so no Eichler chances for me, though our house is a swell '63 vintage mid-century house (of which there are a surprising number in Fayetteville, probably due to the college town atmosphere).

And with free tikis to boot! You ARE living a charmed life.

Steven

Hey sjarvis!

I grew up in Springdale and attended UofA and spent most of my formidable years (80's) hanging out there in Fayetteville. How's the Tiki Collecting in them thar parts?

S

vegastikitude:
Hey there! NWA is pretty sparse for tikis. No bars and not that much stuff, though we've got tons of flea markets around here, and I haven't hit half of them yet. Surely all these people took vacations in the 50s/60s and dumped their tiki stuff at some point!

And if they did, I'm gonna find it!

I'll definitely post some pictures of the eichler once we fix it up a bit.

Our friends and family think we are crazy. One friend asked if we were going to replace all the floor-to-ceiling windows with solid walls.

D

Tiki-oski, forgive them, for they know not what they say. :wink: I bite my tongue and smile now when family and friends just don't get it. Good luck on your renovation :drink:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-12-12 07:58 ]

Thanks for proving again that there is no end to the Tiki mug cosmos-
never seen these before, they are very very cool, perfect for an Eichler. Finding those there means the gods are with you as you educate the ignorant on how to live the swank life.

T

I believe there's a picture of one of these in Tiki Quest. I'll check when I get home and let you know if there's more info on it.

On 2003-12-12 15:35, tikigreg wrote:
I believe there's a picture of one of these in Tiki Quest. I'll check when I get home and let you know if there's more info on it.

Darn, your right! Page 54. Just not in that blue glaze.
So Dave, who is that "artisan"?

B
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.