Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Volstead Act Repealed

Pages: 1 26 replies

T

On this day, seventy years ago, the Volstead Act was repealed, thus ending prohibition.

B

This calls for a celebration. Again.

GT

I'm still waiting for the Tommy Chong Act to be put in place, ending 70 years of another kind of prohibition.

was tommy chong acting? :P

Right you are Johnny.

It is questionable about using the words Chong and Act in the same sentence!

"what's the hassle, mannn?" :lol:

R
Rain posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2003 10:04 AM

"what is this, man?"

"well, mostly labrador..."

I'm still waiting for the Tommy Chong Act to be put in place, ending 70 years of another kind of prohibition.

Let the goverment know how to tax it and they will pass it.
Still smokin was on comedy central an hour ago.

T

Move to Canada!

On 2003-12-04 09:10, Tiki_Bong wrote:
On this day, seventy years ago, the Volstead Act was repealed, thus ending prohibition.

On this day ten years ago, Frank Zappa died.

Tikifish

Move to Canada!

From one fish to another my skinny ass can't handle the cold.

T

On 2003-12-04 16:25, cynfulcynner wrote:

On this day ten years ago, Frank Zappa died.

As much as I love steel guitar and Hawaiian music, I was deeply saddened the day F.Z. went away.

Most people think Zappa's music was corny dumb-ass stuff about yellow snow. In my opinion (I loath IMHO), he was one of the most brilliant musicians, composers, arrangers of the 20th century.

(Evelyn, the modified dog, viewed the fringe of a special doily, draped across the piano with some dismay. When a curious breeze of garlic breath, that sounded like a snore, came from beneath the Steinway or even from within.)

Move to Victoria!
We're lucky if we see more than 5cm(that's 2") of snow in 5 years! Heck, I've got 2 windmill palms in my back yard, and bananas also grow well here. In less than an hour I'll be picking up my first Monstera!

Am I just to darn enthusiastic?!
Or maybe I'm just addicted to those exclamation marks!

Aloha!! :wink:
-Tikiwahine

What I meant to say was "down with prohibition!"

speak of the devil...I was just attempting to download Bob Rivers' "Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow" and came up with many copies of Frank Zappa's afore mentioned song "Don't Eat The Yellow Snow" I'll have to listen to some of his other music.

On 2003-12-04 16:54, Tiki_Bong wrote:
(Evelyn, the modified dog, viewed the fringe of a special doily, draped across the piano with some dismay. When a curious breeze of garlic breath, that sounded like a snore, came from beneath the Steinway or even from within.)

("Arf," she said.) 8)

Put my Great Granfather out of work!

In honor of the event everyone raise their "French 75" in salute!

Now a "Martini", and say after me:

"I like to have a martini,
two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
after four I'm under my host'"

T

From one fish to another my skinny ass can't handle the cold.

It's OK, Flounder, my pasty ass can't handle the heat. My first day in florida, I passed out with heat stroke within 2 hours of getting off the plane.

for real.

UB
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.