Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mr. and Mrs. Larry Lava to S.F. 12/22-24

Pages: 1 14 replies

We are going to be in San Francisco the 22-24 and are looking for good tiki things to do. If anyone knows anything fun to do please let us know. Does anyone know if the Tonga Room is open on the 23 for happy hour?

T

There's nothing else you should be doing on the 23rd except seeing Petty Booka at Biscuits & Blues, IMHO. At least one TCer will be there - me!

http://petty-booka.com/index2.html

M
mig posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2003 4:26 PM

Dangit! I wish I could meet up with the Lavas, but I'll be out of town. :( SF Locals, if you're around, take them out-- they're top quality.

-mig

M

Hey Lavas!

We're in Berkeley for a play on the 23rd, but free on the 22nd- we'd be happy to meet up wth you at Tonga, Sam's, Bamboo Hut, Vic's, or even the Foggy Grotto if you'll be available.

Post back ASAP- the holidays are a busy time!!

We are getting really excited about our trip now! Tiki-bot we are definitly going to go see Petty Booka. Thanks for pointing us in that direction. Hopefully we can meet up there. We are going to go to the Tonga Room for Happy Hour at 5:00 on the 23rd and then onto Petty Booka. Anyone is more than welcome to meet up with us. Mig we are so sad that you will not be around. We hope that we can see you next time! Martiki we would love to go somewhere tiki with you on the 22nd. Anyone of your suggestions sounds great! We haven't been to any of those places (except Tonga) and want to see all of them. Where do you suggest that we go? We are staying at Fisherman's Wharf. Thanks San Francisco Tiki Centralites!

A

Hey Larry,
Hopefully Naomi and I can catch you guys while you're in town too. We're leaving town for Christmas, but dunno the exact day yet, so maybe we can catch the Petty Booka show too. Let us know here or by email if any other plans firm up.
-Randy

M
mig posted on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 1:02 PM

Okay, I leave on the 23rd, but am looking for some sort of goings-on the night of the 22nd because I have another friend in town for just that night only. So we should have some sort of grand meeting-up somewhere. Ideas?

M

We could go for drinks in the Vic's Emeryville bar, or you can do a Sam's/Foggy Grotto combo in the Richmond district. Fairfax is closed on Mondays. Conga Lounge?

We are so excited about hearing from all of you Tiki Centralites and are so enthused that you want to hang out with us. We are open to anything so you guys decide what is best and we will be there. The more the merrier!

On 2003-12-11 18:23, martiki wrote:
We could go for drinks in the Vic's Emeryville bar, or you can do a Sam's/Foggy Grotto combo in the Richmond district. Fairfax is closed on Mondays. Conga Lounge?

Everyone's welcome for drinks at the Foggy Bottom in the Sunset. Then again, Martiki has a much more spectacular pad than I do.

I vote for Foggy Grotto/Sam's ...or Trader Vic's. Bamboo Hut drinks suck!

...and I'll see y'all at Booka too on the 23rd!

Fog-gy Grot-to, Fog-gy Grot-to!

M

OK, let's roll into the Grotto and then caravan to Sam's!

We'll get started here at 7:00PM. We'll put some snacks out, but you may wish to have something substantial on yer tummies before you arrive.

Full directions to follow. Looking forward to having the Lava's and the regular crew over.

See y'all Monday!

We are on our way to San Francisco in the morning and will not have computer access after that. Are plans are to go to the 8:30 Petty Booka show unless others are going to the later show. Are we all still meeting up Monday night at Martiki's? We need directions by 10am in the morning tomorrow. We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Fisherman's Wharf and you will find us under Peter and Mary Janzen. The number there is 415-775-3800. Hope to see all with a Mai Tai in your hands soon.

We just found the other thread so our directions question was answered. Wow! An actual event for our visit! We're honored. Thanks!

Pages: 1 14 replies