Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A Trip to Trader Vic's Chicago (Wonderful RGB Pictures Included!)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha all!
The wahine and I went on our yearly holiday day trip to Chicago, and this year we had time to stop by Trader Vic's in the Palmer House Hotel for a drink. They opened at 4 and we made it down around 5ish. We just wanted seats at the bar but they were full so we were seated in the cocktail area. About 5 minutes later the place was packed and drink orders we delivered with more delay. No worries though, I sat back and enjoyed the decor. My first time inside of a Vic's! I was shocked though at the complaints of the common untiki knowing folk ordering and complaining about the lack of beer selection. I wanted to walk up to them and say, "Do you know where you are?!?!"

We asked the moai outside to lean in a bit so we could get him in the picture...

At the bottom of the escalator leading to the long hallway to Vic's...

The future Mrs. Lake at the entrance...

Some interior shots of the cocktail area...

The tikis...
At the head of the hallway down to Vic's...

Pole right outside the entrance...

Tiki inside...

Another inside tiki on the floor...

Pole upstairs in another stairwell down to Vic's...

Another large pole in the long hallway to the entrance...

Paper coaster...

Stir stick...

I had a Fog Cutter which did a good job of easing my tired feet...

I'll post this location up on "Finding Tiki when I get the chance...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2003-12-07 15:39 ]

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Dec 7, 2003 6:51 PM

Totally off the subject, but when I saw this, I had to post:

I know this tiki! One day I went down the neighborood barber shop and there was this guy in the corner. Raw wood, no stain like this one. I asked the owner about it, trying to be sly and get it. He said an 80+ year old man from his church had given it to him and he couldn't part with it because it was a gift.

A few months later I came in and it was gone. I asked about it and he said a retarded boy who he sees regularly had come in and was crazy about it. Said he'd always wanted one but his parents would get him one. He asked for an offer and the boy gave him $20 and he put that money in the collection plate at church. It was hard to be sore about that loss, but I was!

I always wondered about this guy because it has boobs.

I always wondered about this guy because it has boobs.

The only one I ever seen with boobs is the Surf God in the book of tiki (page239).
It looks similar to it.

Looks like this little wahine I bought from the Beachcomber in Edmonton, Canada.

Tiki Implants

S

Boobs and it's covering it's privates so we can't see what's down there...

Pages: 1 5 replies