Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Insanity

Pages: 1 18 replies

K
Kenike posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2003 6:56 PM
GT

Wow!

For that price, I think I'd be afraid to use it.

E

I never use any of my vintage mugs, but I'd be VERY afraid of what Mrs. emspace would do if I spent $695.50 Canadian on a freakin' mug.

She'd have every right to divorce me, basically.

emski.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-12-09 09:26 ]

Unga. You drunk?

On 2003-12-08 22:25, RevBambooBen wrote:
Unga. You drunk?

Unga. You drunk?
A good question...
When am I Not?
Love Ya Ben!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-12-08 22:57 ]

Dang it! I threw away a whole case of those a
year ago!

DZ

ModMana-- Nice going! I knew you were going to rake in the bux when I saw 'danlovestikis' enter the fray (and he didn't even win!) Good to get some extra spending money for the holidays, eh?

M

Well, I believed that mug would be popular and sell high but I was totally dumbfounded to see the final bid price. That was my first venture into selling on eBay (along with a couple other items that also did well) and yea, I'm pretty happy with the results :)

By the way, the winner was not a tiki collector, but a Frankoma collector. Obviously, they are passionate about their obsessions, just like us.

ModMana :drink:

[ Edited by: modmana on 2003-12-09 18:50 ]

This mug is my holy grail, but after seeing that price I think I'll be changing it. Thats @#&@^# crazy!

T

I'm not a big fan of teethy tikis. The style ("extreme tiki") has been so overdone lately. How many tiki carvers and mug designers in the past 10 years have used the same face? But if I found one on sale I would buy it just to sell it! Congrats Modmana!

It's amazing what extremes some people are driven to by avarice.

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-12-09 16:06 ]

K
Kenike posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2003 5:25 PM

...and then today I was in an antique mall and someone was selling a Leilani mug for $36.00! The sign next to it said it was only used on a flight from Dallas to Hawaii. That makes it worth $36.00?? The guy who owned the booth wasn't there for me to ask about it.

:drink:

S

sad thing is that you can find the same mug by Daga fairy easy...NOT for $595.00...kudos to the seller though! I couldn't even get that for my Shag mugs! Not that they are for sale...and the beauty of those is that I actually stumbled upon them for sale at their retail cost of $36.00 when they were released at a retailer!! Lucky me!

DZ

On 2003-12-20 10:20, suelo wrote:
sad thing is that you can find the same mug by Daga fairy easy...

Umm, sorry... DAGA doesn't make Frankoma mugs!

Similar mugs? Maybe. But definitely NOT the T3S War God...

Geez! That is a bitchen mug, but the cost of that mug is more than my freakin' car payment!

bahaha! I was just mumbling something under my breath to the effect of, "god, I could buy a car for that much money" when I read that! hee hee!

I have bought a car for less than that, about 10 years ago in Chicago (where you can still find a running car for that much). I drove it cross country 3 times & sold it in LA for more that I paid for it.

Just wondering if Munktiki or Tiki Farm is considering doing a reproduction of this mug? That would be super duper if they were....$500+ for an original or $18 for a repro...hummm, it's a difficult choice but I would have to go with the repro.

Pages: 1 18 replies