Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis IV - Other Hotels?

Pages: 1 14 replies

I already have reservations at Caliente Tropics, but need rooms for the rest of my band (I suggested the back of my truck, but no!).

Weren't there some other hotels nearby that had some sort of association with Tiki Oasis?

Any thoughts?

M

Otto has mentioned a few others, but I'm told that the Travelodge next door is verboten this year. Apparently, it's also a dump. There was that one gay resort- I think they're still involved. My info is at home right now.

Hey Bong,
Here is a little bit of info, that you may have already seen (Ramada,etc.).
http://www.tikinews.com/tikioasis/booking.html

Last year I stayed at teh Travel Lodge which was right next door and payed half price. Thsi year I got my room at teh Tropics alrteady set though.

Motel 6 is next door. We stayed there last year and it was about what you would expect. Poolside, you enjoyed the company of obese people swilling PBR's starting at 10am and hanging out all day with their boom box. Now I'm not Mr. Svelt, and I only mention the obesity issue because of the mating (swim suits did remain on) which began about noon. This was performed in missionary position on a chaise lounge. Previous mating apparently had succeeded as their children, also present, attested. Other then that, the only other unpleasantness we experienced was the guy in the parking lot who dumped his ash tray and his fast food litter outside his car door when he checked out.
The room was fine. The walk to The Tropics
was nothing. But you get what you pay for.

The last two years my wife and I stayed at Octillo Lodge. It's close and has a nicer pool than the Caliente Tropics. Rooms aren't great but rum helps!

B

We recommend The Ramada as they are giving a discount rate but it is not within walking distance.

I know that Howard Johnsons and Motel 6 are REALLY bad! Do avoid those if possible.

Otto heard that TravelLodge was not that great but I think the sheets are clean (unlike the other two).

I think there is confusion between the conditions at Travel Lodge and Motel 6. Last year Otto recommended staying away from Travel Lodge but gave an "okay" to Motel 6. I don't know the conditions of the sheets at Travel Lodge but they were fine at Motel 6.
The pool and grounds were not as nice as the Tropics but were fine.

Thanks for the info all. I think for fun (well, in my sense that is) I'll recommend that they all stay at the Travellodge.

I'll let 'em visit my suite at Caliente (only if they wash up a bit first)and watch me mix myself drinks.

Luckily I only slept and showered at the Travel Lodge and did not actually kick it ther and enjoy the view. Oh in case I forgot to mention the view, when I looked out I looked directly at a hot tub where there was never anyone under the age of 80. Man it was like old people stew.

That reminds me. If you stay at Motel 6, ask for a unit that faces the pool. The back units face a parking lot and are priced the same.

On 2003-12-13 22:52, mrtikibar wrote:
That reminds me. If you stay at Motel 6, ask for a unit that faces the pool. The back units face a parking lot and are priced the same.

I hear they'll leave the light on for ya.

OK, my "don't do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow" philosophy has now totally screwed me for getting ANY kind of a room at the Caliente Tropics for Tiki Oasis lV. So I've finally come to my senses and realized if I'm going to get anywhere close to the event I'd better get my ass in gear and reserve a room at another location. Last year we checked into a nice hotel but it was almost in PALM F***IN DESERT!!! Don't want repeat that, so....

I booked motel 6 it looks the safest and its close this will be my first year selling my stuff there we just stayed at the calienty a week ago it was a blast I drank all weekend great food resturants weather ect .Later every one

Anyone know anything about the Vagabond Inn? Seems like it's close and ultra-cheap, which is what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

--tikidrummer
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

Pages: 1 14 replies