Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Thrift Find

Pages: 1 5 replies

Just wanted to share that I found a ceramic coconut mug, and a pair of Tiki Bob salt and pepper shakers at the local thrift store. cost me all of $1.30 for the lot. And they are all in great shape.
It's wonderful to know that finds can still be made for great tiki stuff costing only pennies. It's a much more satisfying way than e-bay.

M

Excellent finds. The Tiki Bob shakers are always going for well over $25 ebay wise. I do enjoy reading about someone findng a good score at a cheapo rpice, especially Tiki Bob items. Of course I would be cursing your good fortune if I did not already have Tiki Bob shakers, ha ha.

:),
midnite

D

i'm glad you had good tiki karma! nice finds!!

i was batting zero all last week, sheesh i couldnt even find the plastic mugs at big lots!

I just scored at the Salvation Army last night with a cute little monkey carved out of a coconut for a dollar!

I continue to have good fortune. The local Salvation Army thrift is selling all of their record albums for 10 cents a piece. Every day that I have gone in, this last week, I have walked out with 5 or 6 records, usually including several Hawaiian ones. Johny Pineapple and his orch. is a great name.

I had a great score this past weekend, Arthur
Lyman Yellow Bird LP for .50 cents! A male menehune decanter from the 74 Hawaiian Open he was 18.00 at a flea market not quite tiki but it goes great in my tiki room!!!I am going on the 450 mile yard sale next week,a few years ago I went and scored vintage tiki stuff for cheap!!I hope I have good mojo with me this year..The yard sale is from AL to KY.,so wish me luck!!!

Pages: 1 5 replies