Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Best Username

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

I guess Spork (short for spiced pork i think) is just a Canadian thing.

On 2004-06-10 23:25, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:

could you possibly mean SPAM?

On 2004-06-10 23:56, dogbytes wrote:

On 2004-06-10 23:25, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:

could you possibly mean SPAM?

No, there is a Potted Pork Product called Spork. You can sometimes find it in the US in dollar stores, sometimes 2 for 99 cents. I had a friend who had a potbellied pig named Spork, I think he named the pig that to keep him humble...

When it comes to Potted Pork Products Spam is #1, followed by Treet, then Spork, but now that we have Tulip that may change.

I always thought a "spork" was one of those plastic utensils like the one they give you at Kentucky Fried Chicken that's a spoon with some teeth on the end in case you can't make up your mind weather you need a spoon or a fork...hence - SPORK! I hope this clears things up.

I had no idea that I had made the list, I am honored. To set the record straight I am refering to the spoon/fork hybrid. My spork of choice is the Titanium Spork available at REI as the plastic ones are not suitable for crime fighting and other metal sporks are a little on the heavy side. If there is interest I will type up my alter ego's origin story and let you know about my evil twin (spork boy of doom).

(link)

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix page-bustingly long link ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-06-28 20:10 ]

Is you're sidekick called FoonGirl?

My only companion is justice. Unfortunately being a superhero leaves little time for socializing with anyone outside of my day job (have to pay the bills). I put an ad in the paper for a side kick once but the people that answered it were a little on the strange side.

That guy used them as throwing weapons, with the sharpened edge of a spork I can throw them and use them as a ninja style weapon. The spoon funtion is also great for scooping out evil doers eyes in case they get my mask off.

Is your alter ego the mild-mannered Mr. Runcible?

No, there is a Potted Pork Product called Spork.

i have not heard of this product (I have heard of the bastard child of the fork & spoon) But I have seen another one called "SMEAT".

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-06-29 06:37 ]

plus equalls

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 12:00 ]

Mmmm, smork. I'll have to keep an eye out for these Spam alternatives the next time I go to the store.

Not spork...

SPOON!!!!!
http://www.thetick.ws/tickcom1.html

okay...a little off topic, but it does deal with the whole crime fighting eating utensil idea...

Rumor has it that originally the tick called out spork but too many people complained that they didn't know what a spork was so it was changed to spoon. I am not sure I believe that story because I always thought it was spoons with him.

i find 'hakalugi' to be simultaneously hilarious and gross...

Pages: 1 2 65 replies