Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SF Tiki Crawl IV! April 3, '04 weekend. Save the date.

Pages: 1 26 replies

M
mig posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2003 5:17 PM

SF Tiki Crawl IV is coming! (That's "four", as in the fourth one, not "IV" as in, the thing the doctor sticks in your arm.)

This is the official announcement of the date, as it has now been cleared with all key parties. Expect MULTIPLE DAYS AND NIGHTS OF FUN, MANY destinations all around the bay area, the return of the infamous "Bamboo Bus"... basically, an event bigger and scarier than you could imagine.

Warm-up events are scheduled to begin on Thursday April 1, 2004 (and that's no April Fool.) More events on Friday 4/2, and then the big night on Saturday 4/3. With a decompression on Sunday 4/4.

More details to follow. For now, save the date, and make your plans.

-mig

H

On 2003-12-10 17:17, mig wrote:
(That's "four", as in the fourth one, not "IV" as in, the thing the doctor sticks in your arm.)

Why can't it be both? I've got it marked on my calendar, all inky-like.

I'm in. I will be trekking up from San Diego county for this one.

I'm there like rum on a mai tai!!
Thanks Mig.

I'd like to mention (for you out-of-towners) that there are two excellent flea markets happening that weekend. Saturday's is at De Anza College in Cupertino, and Sunday's is the all-collectibles flea market at the old Alameda Naval Base. Check 'em out -- it's a great way to nurse a hangover! :lol:

M

Prepare yourselves....

I'm in and I think a handful of non TC members from my area want to go also. I think the bus should be bigger then last year fellas, naturally it gets bigger and better every year so it makes sense.

[i]On 2003-12-10 20:37, jungletrader wrote:
I think the bus should be bigger then last year fellas, naturally it gets bigger and better every year so it makes sense.

Tiki BART Tour?

M

The bus holds 50. I can get another one if there's enough demand, but i'd be surprised.

I've said too much already....

On 2003-12-10 20:37, jungletrader wrote:
I think the bus should be bigger then last year fellas, naturally it gets bigger and better every year so it makes sense.

I agree. If I remember correctly, we filled up the bus last year right? I think I might fly up for this one unless we can put a group together for a road trip like last time!

I regret to inform you, Tiki Bong will be there! Yee Haw!

(so, about this Hula Hula dude?)

There's no way I'll miss this! Even with Bong going.....

I wanna go so I can stand behind Bong and say "Yeah, what he said!". And then run like the devil...

Mr. and Mrs. Larry Lava are definitely in!

[ Edited by: Larry Lava on 2003-12-11 11:43 ]

T

The Pineapples are all over this like Hanford on a dirty joke post.

S

F*ck a duck.
That's the weekend before i leave to Vegas for 7 days. KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-RAP.
I was hoping to make it for Thurs-Sun this time. Hopefully I can make it for at least Saturday. I Wannaaaaaaa be back on the bus!
PEa

T

On 2003-12-11 16:51, sweetpea wrote:
F*ck a duck.
That's the weekend before i leave to Vegas for 7 days. KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-RAP.
I was hoping to make it for Thurs-Sun this time. Hopefully I can make it for at least Saturday. I Wannaaaaaaa be back on the bus!
PEa

Tsk tsk, watch your language swee'pea, Hanford doesn't like that. :wink:

It is close to Viva Las Vegas weekend but I usually don't leave until Thursday. A week in Las Vegas would just about kill me!

No pea, no me!

What about mr. doodie?

S

heehee, ya see, I have to be in Vegas by wed am, so I go tues pm... and then I'm there thru at least monday. It's a killer for sure. This year wont' be as tiring though, not as many bands I can't live without seein. If I make it to SF, I'm SURE Doodie will figure out a way to tag along. He just went with us to the Fake German town of Leavenworth. Coulda used Mr. Smiley and his Lederhosen...
hehehehehheheehe
Must git to SF...

M

C'mon Pea- it won't be the same without you and doodie!

And glad to see lots of people getting excited for the big weekend. You won't be disappointed. Looking forward to hosting you all! (yes...even Bong :))

Poly- we had 40 or so on a 47 passenger bus, so there was a little room left. I expect demand to be higher this year.

Rats! Going to have to miss this one.
Lady V and i will be on our honeymoon in Hawaii that weekend.

OK, so I'm thinking, after the wedding we fly to Hawaii. Then on Saturday off to SF. Martin, can you swing the bus by SFO or OAK and pick us up?

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2003-12-12 02:31 ]

HH

if bongs there im in!!!!!!

M

There is a good possibility that the bus will make a stop in the east bay- we'd love to grab a pair of freshly tanned Velours for the journey.

and c'mon, hula hula - you were going to come anyway and you know it.

S

It's offical.
I cannot come at all.
It is the last hurrah and 40th bday party of my friend Yeehawcherry, some of you may know her as Francine. The week following, she is moving to Hell-A (yeah, I said LA...) If I bail on that, I will become the biggest a** in the world.
have fun for Pea. Sorry, the timing this year is just real bad.
I'm very upset, but, I got no choice. Lame.
GAWDDAMMIT, I wanted to be on the bus...

Sorry folks, really wanted to meet the SF crowd...but looked again in the mirror and realized I wasn't made out of money...with the Hoity Toity crawl planned for March and the Oasis in May and the Hale Tiki opening (who knows when)...we just can't afford it.
Next year, maybe. Have a great time ya'll.

Ran

M

On 2003-12-11 17:49, sweetpea wrote:
I'm SURE Doodie will figure out a way to tag along. He just went with us to the Fake German town of Leavenworth. Coulda used Mr. Smiley and his Lederhosen...
hehehehehheheehe

Sweet pea--you can "use" Mr Smiley anytime you want!!! (oops-does that count as one of the comments that hanford doesn't want us to post anymore?? I f so, SHAME ON ME!!).
Hope to see you at Viva Las Vegas this year!!

M

Damn! No Sweatpea or Ran! Ran- just start saving now. OC crawl (a little bird told me) will be end of Feb. C'mon- plenty of time!

Everyone else- start saving your nickels.

Martiki - I appreciate the encouragment...but right now I'm making around a grand a month...so it's kinda hard to save enough to afford all the events. Maybe I better re-start my eat-every-other-day diet :wink:

Ran

Pages: 1 26 replies