Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Swank Vinyl Exotica II

Pages: 1 25 replies

S

I have dared to offer this second helping on the site. I am not sure who might want it, so I have no CDs prepared at the moment. Large numbers of orders will swamp me. I was in the mood for the quiet beautiful side when I made this. It's not quirky and odd like the first set. And the sound quality is better too.

S

Tiki Head: Sorry, the number one CD went out to Tina Junger about a month ago for a great favor she did for me. Thanks, for your order. You'll have the first official copy though with the new graphics and all.

Swanky,
Thanks, if you do ever produce another number one, let me know.

S

The first batch goes out today. Thanks all of you for your orders. Mahalo!

S

And I just realized looking at this you all get the highly prized typo versions! Gotta get my editor to check these covers...

It just means it's quite vinyl-like, indeed.

E

Sweet cover Swanky, typo and all.

em

Forgot all about this! Swanky, I just sent your payment via Paypal. Hopefully, I can still make the first mailing!!

S

Sorry Pop, it'll go out tomorrow, with corrected spelling! Mahalo!

Wait, maybe I can make a late mail run...

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2003-12-15 12:05 ]

I just signed up for one too through paypal.

I downloaded the samples and if those are representative of the rest of the album, it may be the best $12 I ever spent on music!

Thanks,

Flange!

S

Wow, 3 orders in a half hour! I am working on them and should have them all out in today's mail.

The samples are actually low quality versions. The CD is burned using the original WAV files which are huge.

Mahalo nui loa!

T

I am soooo glad this got bumped up to the top, I've been meanin' to order and now I have. Cover looks good, topy :wink: and all Swanks-Babe!

E

Just so ya know Swanky, my money order was in the mail before the weekend...

aloha,
em.

S

Em,
Your copy is waiting here and will be on it's way shortly. I'll go ahead and send it out.

Okay, now it's 4 orders in the hour. California, Pennsylvania, Chicago...

Just sent in my payment. Thanks Swanky

Just got it today - thanks for the fun extras!

The CD is great!

Thanks again,

Flange!

K

Ordered mine today. Can't wait!
:drink:

H
Hina posted on Thu, Dec 18, 2003 8:49 PM

Got mine today - thank you Swanky! The CD is great and the extras were a nice surprise.
Looking forward to volume 3!

~H

T

This sure is one beautiful CD, Swanky. It just came today and it's been on non-stop!

Highly recommended, easy to dance to I give it a 98!

Reeived mine on Friday. Put it in the player yesterday and listened to it two times straight through. Thanks, Swanky.

S

I'm glad you guys are liking it. It is what I play in my bar. I like the quiet, pretty music. But I feel now that if I do a third set, I ought to mix it up more. I dunno. I think the Mai Kai did something to me. I listen to this music now and I find myself back at the end of the bar in the Molokai Lounge... Maybe I will do a third as a choice. Make it faster and louder and more uptempo, and you can take your pick.

Thanks to everyone who has ordered. I can't keep up!

You are alos getting the first flyers for Hukilau 2004. We have the dates on the site now and will start taking reservations maybe as soon as next week! Yeah!

ARRRR...the ol' Wreckster's mailbox was overflowin' today with a rich bounty o' treasure from all o'er the realm, but your CD was the jewel in the crown Swanky. Really good stuff...songs to soothe the savage beast. Muy mahalo!

E

Gonna bump this one up again...just got back from frozen Ontario, and there in the mail to warm my soul was Swank Vinyl Exotica II plus swell extras, all keepers. Thanx so much dude, you have excellent taste and are a gentlman to boot.

aloha,
em.

T

Em, you come all the way over here and you don't drop in for a Mai Tai?

E

On 2004-01-01 19:11, tikifish wrote:
Em, you come all the way over here and you don't drop in for a Mai Tai?

Oh, how I wish! We were in London, and I didn't even get out to see the Lakes (either of 'em, Huron one way, Erie the other). A really good old friend was spending the holidays in Toronto too, but I had to say no to any and all invites to see the Smoke. BTW, the thrifting in London sux if anyone wants to know...

:),
em.

H
Hamo posted on Wed, May 31, 2017 11:01 PM

This is another great (and now free) compilation, so I want to bump this thread, too.

http://www.swankpad.org/exotica/exoticaii.htm

On 2003-12-21 09:50, Swanky wrote:
But I feel now that if I do a third set, I ought to mix it up more.

So, about that third set. Maybe you can start working on a 15th anniversary edition....

Pages: 1 25 replies