Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Least essential Albums of 2003!

Pages: 1 8 replies

russell crowe put out an album? egad!

however, that chuck barris album could be interesting (or probably not).

funny stuff!

That's some funny shit, I especially like (LEAST ESSENTIAL PROLONGED ADOLESCENCE).

Sad to see Lou Reed & Chuck "gong" Barris made the list, but I guess everybody gets a turn in the barrel eventually. 2003 wasn't a stand-out year for me either! Then again, maybe being recognized for "bad work" is better than being ignored for "mediocrity". What was that old saying - "any publicity is good publicity" (an agent or manager must have come up with that).

I read the other day how Russell Crowe had returned a rental car, and left a CD in the CD player. What was this CD you ask? It turned out to be his own '30 Odd Foot of Grunts' album......

Trader Woody

T

On 2003-12-12 01:24, Trader Woody wrote:
I read the other day how Russell Crowe had returned a rental car, and left a CD in the CD player. What was this CD you ask? It turned out to be his own '30 Odd Foot of Grunts' album......

Trader Woody

well, I guess that's one way get airplay!

T

I was at an antique store up north once (one of those craft-y little places with antiques as well as scented candles, beanie babies and dreamcatchers, you know the ones I mean) and the lady who owned it was not only playing her own CD, she was humming along to it inbetween sentences as she talked to my mother... as in, my mom would ask a question, she talked, then when my mom would reply, she would hum and 'la-di-da' along with herself on the stereo... of course you know she was just ACHING for you to ask her 'Oh my goodness, is that YOUR CD? So I decided not to give her the pleasure, which unfortunately made her keep humming all the more frantically in hopes we would notice the CD's for sale on the front desk with the picture of her on the front.

My mom kept me in that infernal potpourri scented pit of Hades for TWO repetitions of that CD (did I mention it was on repeat?) because she was buying a lot of jewellery from the lady.

If there was ever a time in my life I contemplated homicide, that would have been it!

On 2003-12-12 06:26, tikifish wrote:
I was at an antique store up north once...

I was just wondering, what does someone from Toronto consider "up north?" :wink:

Personally, I love that each of the "Least Essential" reveiws included a "Buy It!" link to amazon.com. I'd vote that the most ironic use of an exclamation point of the year.

T

Hey, Toronto may be 'up north' for you, but it's 'down south' for most of the rest of Canada!

Pages: 1 8 replies