Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

What to do with a Broken Tiki Mug

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

This hasn't happened to me; thank you Lord! but what if you broke a mug? Don't TOSS it!

Pick up the pieces, shape them with a tile cutter and make them into a mosaic that you could apply to a serving tray, wall dedcoration, or maybe counter top. Maybe you could get a bunch of knock-offs and do this on purpose. Maybe pigs will fly out of butt humming the Hawaiian War Chant. Maybe not. It's late and I'm medicated.

Any other ideas for broken tiki mugs?

TikiGuy, I actually display my broken mugs. I get a lot of comments too - more comments than anything else in my collection!

Click here to some of my best (broken) mugs:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1401&forum=1

Believe it or not, I have a few more that I've haven't posted in that thread yet. I've just been lazy to take the pictures.

It is so painful to go back and revisit your broken mug collection, Pop. I kept thinking, what the hell is this guy doing with these mugs that keeps breaking them.

A little while ago, I finally had my own small disaster. Turns out, if you reach across a bar and knock over a 'penut' style mug, that force alone can cause the mug to break. I've had a small casualty rate so far though. That is, if you don't count the Billy's glass that my girlfriend dropped recently. Yes, Dr. Z, the one that we aquired on the Tiki Crawl. I replaced it on Friday night....

Pages: 1 2 replies