Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's the longest line you've stood in?

Pages: 1 14 replies

An Apple retail store opened in Japan recently. Check out how long the line was to get in:

http://homepage.mac.com/hsk/applejapan.html

Watch the whole video -- its truly unbelievable!

On 2003-12-12 15:11, PolynesianPop wrote:
Check out how long the line was to get in:

Oh, that's nothing -- you should see the lines for the women's restrooms at Yankee Stadium! 8)

OH MAH GAWD.

If they were giving away eternal life and an island in the South Pacific, I would not wait in a line that long.

Wow! I had flashbacks of Disneyland throughout the entire video.

I could barely make it through the video, that's how much patience I have for lines

back in '94 myself, my best friend, and his long time girlfriend (now wife) got up at 5am to go get tickets to Pink Floyd. We got to the nearest ticket seller and there was a line 1/8 around the mall. Some people even camped out. Well we waited for an hour then some people came round with "lotto tickets" and if your # was between 100-200 that was the place you got in line (to screw the ticket campers). Steve picked #03103, the key part being 103. You guessed it, Steve was 3rd in line. Scoreing us some awesome seats, we headed over to the local arcade to play some pinball. About an hour or so later we heard over the radio Pink Floyd: SOLD OUT.
delighted we went home and raided his dad's liqour cabinet.

when we drove buy the line was almost around the mall! Guess they didn't get the news yet.

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-12-12 19:00 ]

On 2003-12-12 15:54, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2003-12-12 15:11, PolynesianPop wrote:
Check out how long the line was to get in:

Oh, that's nothing -- you should see the lines for the women's restrooms at Yankee Stadium! 8)

Cyn, I know about the lines for the ladies room in the house that Knickerbocker Beer built :roll: , but I think if you leave now you might get into line before it passes your house! :lol:

There would definately be a "human sacrifice" a person decided to cut in line.

While nothing compared to the Tokyo Apple line, the longest line I've ever stood in was that line go go to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) a few months ago when it was open for free from 9pm - 7am on the last night of the "Modigliani & the Artists of Montparnasse" show. Who says LA dosen't have any culture :) ?

[ Edited by: paranoid123 on 2003-12-15 00:46 ]

T

That line-up looks like a job for the Flying Pig

rtsp://st21g1.services.att-idns.net/v1/494/1742/2597/kith/pig.rm

K

This morning at the post office.

:drink:

Damn tikimug, your link didn't work for me. But no worries, that Kids In The Hall episode is still indelibly burned into my brain.

the line for star wars when it was origianlly released. Around the theatre 5 times. Back before the concept of Multiplexes.

T

On 2003-12-15 22:09, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Damn tikimug, your link didn't work for me. But no worries, that Kids In The Hall episode is still indelibly burned into my brain.

It's a damned Real One video file! I hate the Real One Player!

Here's the KITH Comedy Central page.
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thekidsinthehall/

"Hey Look aat Me! Hey, Hey, Hey... Hee, Hee, Hee!"

M

The longest cue that I ever had to wait in was for Wayne Newton Tickets.

That guy can really pack a joint!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies