Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

New Years Eve Bash at Purple Orchid

Pages: 1 20 replies

Tired of the same old s**t for New Years?

The Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge invites you to a New Years Extravaganza!

Live Rockabilly band "Truly Lover Trio", champagne toast, balloon drop, party hats, noisemakers and snacks for only $5 admission. Special added bonus-YOU DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE NEXT DAY-enjoy your hangover in peace.

Advance ticket purchase will guarantee your admission. Highly recommended as we were packed last year by 9 pm. You can do it in person or by mail, just send the $ and we'll hold tickets for you at the door.

Kiss responsibly, drink like a fish.

We're located at
221 Richmond Sreet
El Segundo, CA 90245
(310) 322-5829

For those who are coming from afar or just don't want to drive home we recommend a night at the

Hacienda Hotel
$69 plus tax
525 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
(310) 615-0015

Hilton Hotel
$99 for the family room, sleeps four!
2100 E. Mariposa
(310) 726-0100

Two words of warning-September Birthdays.

See you there,
Dave and Rebecca

DZ

On 2003-12-13 18:09, Wersmo Derinc wrote:

Kiss responsibly, drink like a fish.

I love it!

We are soooooooo there!

(I'm glad you posted this - I was beginning to think the rumors weren't true!)

All rumors about me are invariably true whether the events described happened or not.

Dave

TCers please note: the regular price of admission for this show is $10. TCers get a special discount admission for only $5.

Please remember to mention Tiki Central if you buy advance tickets at the bar or by mail.

Dave

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2003-12-14 18:57 ]

H

I'm in like Flynn, baby!

DZ

It's only a week away...

Who's in??

Tiki Bird and I will be showing up for some merry-making at the Purple Orchid! Anyone else??

Sabu and Tikibelle will be there!

H

Wow! What a blast last night was. Big mahalos to Dave & Rebecca for pulling together such a swell shindig. Here's some of my pictures:

Yesterday was Dave's birthday, Happy Birthday, Dave!

UtopianDreem, TikiBird, and their friend

Atomic Cocktail & Doctor Z demonstrate their power to annoy

Steve & Sabuuuuuuu!

Sabu brought a recent postcard purchase to show us, from the Tahiti motel in Wildwood.

The always lovely Vintage Girl

Sabu & Vintage Girl

Tiki Centralites always get deluxe treatment at the Purple Orchid

This dress I made matches the wall hanging Rebecca made in the ladies' room

Z-girl & Doctor Z

Doctor Z gets festive

Vintage Girl dances with a swivel-seated Atomic Cocktail

After the Purple Orchid, we got some food at the Kettle in Manhattan Beach:

Steve, TikiHula & Atomic Cocktail

Atomic Cocktail, Vintage Girl, and Doctor Z's brother Jon

Atomic Cocktail & Vintage Girl

My handbag, with APE chimp

Z-girl & Steve

Steve, TikiHula, Atomic Cocktail & Vintage Girl

Doctor Z & Z-girl

I had a great time hanging out with everyone, as always, and I especially enjoyed meeting UtopianDreem, TikiBird & TikiHula for the first time. You can see the rest of my pictures here.

P
pablus posted on Thu, Jan 1, 2004 5:11 PM

Thanks for the shots.
Looks like a good crew for fun.
Except Dr. Z looks a bit stodgy and reserved.

;-)

Very cool pics. Good to see you all had a great new year gig! Humu. Thats a great Idea on the dress/art. Buy a dress and get art too!!!(chiki, you should get on that one with your sewing skills!) Z and Z Girl looks like they were having a blast. (were you 2 "on" your past?)Sabu, always clean. (I wish I wasn't wasted on the o.c. tiki crawl 3 so I could have seen you wasted!!) Vintage and Atomic. Romance!?! Grabbing ass?? Score! Hey Humu, who is Steve???

Looks like the P.O. is coming along fine and dandy! D & R very cool peeps. Glad you all had a blast! Happy New Year! Yee Haw!!

It looks like I missed another good one. New Years partys always end up in such a let down because they are built up so much. Looks like you guys did it right though. How was the band? The bar I ended up at had a standard issue cover band. Around twelve thirty I found my self listening to "Margaritaville"..... ugh.

H

Spike, why didn't you come out to the Purple Orchid?? The band was a lot of fun, there was a lot of dancing (Rebecca took a lot of pictures of people dancing... Dave, post the pics!). I got to dance with Sabu & TikiHula, both of whom are very good dancers and managed to mask my incompetence. I think I danced with someone else, too, but I forget now. It was a good time, the only thing that would have made it better is a special guy to smooch at midnight. Eh, maybe next year.

Ben -- I actually don't know if Steve posts here at TC (Steve, you out there?), he's friends with a bunch of the local TCers and shows up at the events every now and then -- you may have met him at the La Luz event. Or, y'know, not.

T

That was a BLAST at the PO the other night. The highlights were meeting and dancing with Humuhumu, and the TeKillYa group shot we all did as the bar closed! (and Michelle, you are a fine dancer!)

I have some really fun pics in my camera, but can't upload them until I get home on Sunday. I'll post 'em then.....

A Happy New Year to all!

Thanks to all the Tiki Centralators for partying away the old and partying in the new! It would not have been the same without you.

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-01-04 13:56 ]

H

Oh yeah, Steve was the third guy I danced with! Great pics, Dave. Z, what has poor Z-girl done to merit such torture? I'm very, very glad I was safely engaged in that near-fight on the other side of the bar while you guys did those shots.

T

Ok, so I know I'm a little late with these, but I thought they were worth posting:

Sabu with two drinks and two lovely ladies- what more could a man ask for :D

Z-girl telling Dr.Z that she's pregnant!

Just kidding...

Mahalo...and don't forget to visit the huge Tiki Gallery at:
http://www.tradervic.com
http://www.tikiroom.net
http://www.tikimug.net
http://www.tikimugs.net

[ Edited by: TikiHula on 2004-01-06 21:11 ]

Humu, are you coming on to me....

Yeah, I'm really bummed that I missed the party. It's retarded how close I live (well, not that close) and I still haven't been to the Orchid yet.

H

On 2004-01-06 23:41, Luckydesigns wrote:
Humu, are you coming on to me....

Actually, I think Sabu is.

perfect...

You ain't named Lucky for nothin'.

Sabu

Pages: 1 20 replies